jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I spent some time last week in the garden with my camera. Flowers are a bit easier to shoot than fish, you save a lot of time not having to chase them around with a lens.

My gear for these photos was a nikon D200 body with a tamron 90mm macro lens. I like shooting towards the open end of the aperture 2.8-5.6 most of the time. I was shooting around 6pm with the sun behind me, this let me stay at an ISO of 100 for almost all the shots.

I edit and process the shots in lightroom 2, it does most of what I need in an image editing program, I hardly open photoshop these days.
My workflow for these shots consisted of boosting the black levels to darken the background and adjusting the exposure and adding a bit of brightening to increase the colors if the shots looked flat. I did not increase or saturate the colors, the flowers are colorful enough on their own. Any questions shoot :splitspin

jonathan_hale-15.jpg

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Wow! that first one knocked my socks right off! Also really love the ones with the blue background...also loved....well, all of them :)

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Wow! that first one knocked my socks right off! Also really love the ones with the blue background...also loved....well, all of them :)

the blue is water, those flowers were in a container next to the pool so I shot at an angle to catch just the pool in the background.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: