Reef-A-Palooza

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Vendor: Reef Gen

Oooooo. Look at this Blueberry Fantasy by Reef Gen?. Take the opportunity to try out one of their newest, hot off the press, collector corals by visiting their booth at ReefAPaloozaNY?.

Attachments

• 11270647_420356988145129_1896854111155282531_o.jpg
    11270647_420356988145129_1896854111155282531_o.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 368

Reef-A-Palooza

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tickets

What happen to the expected $15 ticket. Did Governor Christie want his cut? What happen to lotto money in NJ? Maybe paying for pension that he stop paying into...:duh:
What is with the harshness? You failed to point out the event has free parking. Unlike our show in Orlando and California you did have to pay $6.00 to $8.00 to park. That puts you a few dollars over the $20.00. Also venues, labor, materials and overall cost of operations are much high in the tri state area. Hope this address your concern.
Thanks!

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry, if It came off the wrong way. I'm looking forward to going and it's not $5. It just seems that when an event comes to NY or NJ. Everything is more. Especially when you put out this information. Read this .......https://www.reefs.com/blog/2014/07/28/ree-palooza-heading-new-york-2015/
And other states I still see $15. That is my point.. Let's not add parking we are talking about admission.

Last edited:

Reef-A-Palooza

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry, if It came off the wrong way. I'm looking forward to going and it's not $5. It just seems that when an event comes to NY or NJ. Everything is more. Especially when you put out this information. Read this .......https://www.reefs.com/blog/2014/07/28/ree-palooza-heading-new-york-2015/
And other states I still see $15. That is my point.. Let's not add parking we are talking about admission.

No worries piranhapet and understand your points. The article you are referencing was written by a 3rd party who should of never took a guess at what the price of admission will be. The $20.00 admission price is not something we just guessed on. We did our research and spend many hours of crunching numbers, visiting other venue in both NJ and NY to make this event affordable and not take away form what our other shows have. For example if we did this show at Javits Center due to the cost it would of never happened.

Rating - 100%
36   0   1
Honestly for new York residence its not going to be an inexpensive event unless your car pooling, your going to to pay 20 admission per person and if you have to travel back to NY youre going to have to pay 15 dollar toll no matter which way you go. If you live in Brooklyn most likely youre going to want to take the Verrazano bridge there wich is the fastest way so making it 15 both ways so that's going to total up $30 in tolls and then $20 for admission. Theres really no way to come out winning, it would've been nice if there was some type of admission discount for NY residents as a courtesy.

Reef-A-Palooza

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly for new York residence its not going to be an inexpensive event unless your car pooling, your going to to pay 20 admission per person and if you have to travel back to NY youre going to have to pay 15 dollar toll no matter which way you go. If you live in Brooklyn most likely youre going to want to take the Verrazano bridge there wich is the fastest way so making it 15 both ways so that's going to total up $30 in tolls and then $20 for admission. Theres really no way to come out winning, it would've been nice if there was some type of admission discount for NY residents as a courtesy.

At the end of the day the choice is yours and your opinion is your opinion The cost is $20.00 per person per day and you will have to make your choice based upon that.

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I have been in the catering & event field for 18+ years. I came from the west coast, where venues are much cheeper than anything in the North East.

Events here are easily 1/4 - 1/2 price point higher because of.

This is a very reasonable price point for an event, as they may not be back.

For that I thank the sponsors and organizers.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have been in the catering & event field for 18+ years. I came from the west coast, where venues are much cheeper than anything in the North East.

Events here are easily 1/4 - 1/2 price point higher because of.

This is a very reasonable price point for an event, as they may not be back.

For that I thank the sponsors and organizers.

I can't see them not coming back unless the market is not good. If they have a super Weekend here in NJ. Which I believe they will have great turn out. They will be back. You have two states so close and than some. This would be testing the waters on how strong of a market here in the east about the hobby. They be back...

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I can't see them not coming back unless the market is not good. If they have a super Weekend here in NJ. Which I believe they will have great turn out. They will be back. You have two states so close and than some. This would be testing the waters on how strong of a market here in the east about the hobby. They be back...

Most likely, yes.
I think it will always come down to the vendors, as they are most likely putting up the most cash for a booth, if we all spend and make them revenue, they'll want to do it again.

The market here is surprisingly great with many great people and LFS, I was quite supprised when I relocated here, still not SoCal, but hey they got the first dibs and prices.

It will be very successful I think.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: