rlm

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for the advice. I tested my tank after adding a hermit crab and he had shrimp today. Can you help me out? Should I do water change now? My levels read below.

PH 7.8; Ammonia between 0.50 to 1.0 ppm ; Nitrite 0.25 ppm ; Nitrate between 5.0 - 10 ppm

Koyfam16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I would suggest a 10%.water change..Continue monitoring your levels even after you do a water change..
The water change will help with the nitrates..

BTW...what is your salt level, temperature etc?

Last edited:

rlm

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest a 10%.water change..Continue monitoring your levels even after you do a water change..
The water change will help with the nitrates..

BTW...what is your salt level, temperature etc?

I dont have anything to test my salt level. Temperature was arounnd 78 - 80 F

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Bet it was petland... lol You still need to get something to measure your salt because if the salt is evaporating and your adding natual sea water your going to end up killing your hermit. You need to know what your salt level is so you can add clean RO or bottled water when you water level drops.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Ok cool. Now make sure your always under that. If its only fish you are keeping you can actually go down to 1.021 but if its coral i would say 1.024-025

rlm

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool. Now make sure your always under that. If its only fish you are keeping you can actually go down to 1.021 but if its coral i would say 1.024-025

Thanks I am going to do coral with fish. I'm thinking about taking the tall marco rock out of the tank. I'm not feeling my aquascape :grumpy:

Updated cellphone pics:

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Edge

I'm a few weeks behind you, put my substrate in last night!

Going to buy live rock this week!
te-sandgroup.jpg
IMG_3445.jpg
IMG_3446.jpg

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
IMO I would do smaller structures and keep the rock away from the glass.

+1, It would like better and be easier to clean the glass. you should get a magfloat so you can clean the glass easier without putting your hand in or anything else in and out. You should get the mini but the small would fit too.

rlm

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm noticing some little worms on my glass tank. Can it be Planaria Worms? If so, how can I get rid of them. I have no fish in the tank, just a hermit crab and i've been doing a 10% percent water change every week. Any advice.

rlm

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll to get some pics of the worms later. But so far the tank is doing okay. So far I have a hermit crab with 3 snails and 3 smaller hermit crabs and just added a cleaner shrimp 3 days ago. I noticed a white hair like algae growing on the live rock. Should I remove it from the tank? Here are some pics:

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
nice, i like it. but you light want to use epoxy to seal those rocks together so that they dont fall. sometime the tenants end up moving stuff around...

rlm

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the worms that come and go within the tank, the tank temp is about 81 F. I did a 30% water change over the weekend and all my parameters seems right. What could be the issue?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: