• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 498
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 499
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
ELOS makes some nice tanks :D. Why is the bottom of the tank like that in the first pic. Looks like lines of black silicone and oreo cookies. Good luck with the build!

It's their multi-pane bottom, which consists of 2 layers of glass. Those black blobs act as a load bearing cushion between the glass.

Tom, the tank looks good & I'm very jealous. Hit me up when you're ready for the plumbing.

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I would go submersible. That tank is awesome, can't wait to see more pics of it!

i agree with the submersible comment, take a look at the waterblaster pumps. with that setup you could go with a WB 7000 or higher depending on your load.This would make it more clutter free.

FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
Yes it's the elos stand, looking to raise it about 5 inches - making a platform for it to sit on. Also thinking of leaving the doors off, i think the plumbing/skimmer /sump is part of the art of a reef tank

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
It's their multi-pane bottom, which consists of 2 layers of glass. Those black blobs act as a load bearing cushion between the glass.

How thick is each panel stacked on top of each other? I understand the cushion part, but thought it would just be one layer of glass.

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Yes it's the elos stand, looking to raise it about 5 inches - making a platform for it to sit on. Also thinking of leaving the doors off, i think the plumbing/skimmer /sump is part of the art of a reef tank

Looks better with the doors on and it'll be quieter. Not all art looks good overexposed :biglaugh:. Most of my art sits in the basement with the main tanks upstairs.

FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
Thanks mike for your offer on the foam, cleaning out the sand that you gave me in the backyard with the garden hose in this weather is not helping. Maybe i should wait until spring to set this new tank up

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
Thanks mike for your offer on the foam, cleaning out the sand that you gave me in the backyard with the garden hose in this weather is not helping. Maybe i should wait until spring to set this new tank up

No you don't... :tongue1: The silicone will dry by Spring time, so you'll need to keep it full with saltwater, LOL. Let's get that bad boy setup. Let me know if you need help.

FMF0331

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
199   0   0
Washing sand

Took the opportunity today to wash some sand. Thank you to those members who gave me the sand. Also raised the tank stand about 2 inches with the 2x4. Not sure if i like it - just a mock setup

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 433
  • 004 (2).jpg
    004 (2).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 429
  • 002 (2).jpg
    002 (2).jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 434

rkaragozler

Newbiee 4 Ever
Rating - 100%
125   0   0
imo, using the 2x4 that way will bow either upward or downward depending on grain, where their is no pressure, I would suggest using 2-3 pieces of 3/4" plywood glued and screwed together, or turn the 2x4 the other way, if turned it will only be 3 1/2" height, versus 1 1/2.

Macropora

Zoa Echino Aficionado
Rating - 100%
725   0   0
I understand the need to have support in the middle of the stand, but that leaves you using either the left or right side to hide your art, lol. Either that or the sump will be outside the cabinet.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: