Rating - 100%
29   0   0
yellow_sebae_anemone.jpg
Looks like this if I can link it.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I've had mine for about 2 months with no problems and it hosted my clarkii? What's the problem with it? I still have it currently but for sale. It did well with no problems? Or am I just lucky?

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
If you need pictures etc. I can send you some. my true perc and false perc haven't taken a liking to it. It was occupied when I got the two. So they started hosting a gonipora instead and haven't tried going to the anemone. **

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Evo yours without a better shot is probably a malu anemone(HETERACTIS MALU). The base of that anemone is usually yellow orange or white with spots on the base near where the tentacles and base meet.

The other anemone if it looks like the one in the link Meadowlane posted it is a dyed Sebea Anemone(HETERACTIS CRISPA). These anemones are most common dyed anemones. They usually white and soak up the color very very well. When the tentacles are yellow good indiction its bleached or dyed.

Heres the other kicker to this. Sebea and Malu anemones are often confused and mislabeled as one and other because they look so similar. Even big name online retailers list them as Malu Sebea anemone, confusing but incase its either one it fits.

Here is a pic of my malu and a sebea together.
DSCF0116.jpg

DSCF0136.jpg

DSCF0135.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: