what skimmer to pick

thirty6

Rating - 100%
229   0   0
lots of factors to consider with this question: size, placement, perhaps cost is most important. search mp youll find some good ones. kathy c had a few in her swapsale post

Trainwreck

Reef Junkie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ASM makes great skimmers, I highly recommend the ASM G2 for your set up. Even the G1 might be ok, but if you want SPS I would go with the G2...I think it's $100 more but well worth it cuz you dont want to upgrade again if the G1 doesn't cut it.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
how about letting us know space available to fit the skimmer ? width, length and hieght, save your money on a asm, personally on that size tank id look at a vertex in180, as for best id look into a vertex alpha 200 cone or a atb 840 considerably more $ but better skimmers also or i could go on with a list, the skimz line is killer also,

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
asm's arent the best skimmers you can buy but they are also not that bad i like them and have them because for the decent quality you get the price isnt bad. i havnt heard anything bad about the bubble magus, reef octopus or the vertex skimmers and imo with the last 3 the designs and ideas are pretty much the same. it will be a tossup with what sump space you have and the type of outflow return the skimmers have, i like the asm and magus returns over the valve on the octopus

scubadoo2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using a Reef Octopus skimmer, and love it. Works great and fits under my tank next to my sump.
I'll upload some pictures.

ClosetFishGeek

Rating - 100%
114   0   0
As was said before. What are your dimension constraints(how big of an area can u dedicate to it) ? Internal or External ? What is your true budget ? Will it be a heavily stocked tank ? With these questions answered it will be a lot easier to give you some GOOD advise.

FlyTekk

KISS KeepItSimpleStupid
Rating - 98.6%
139   2   0
SWC skimmer are silent. And ofcourse good. Alot of skimmers are good..... but are they quiet? do they fit? how much do they cost? Check out swc skimmer on youtube. Mr saltwater tank tv has a video on them and setting them up.

Featured Sponsors