Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ASM makes great skimmers, I highly recommend the ASM G2 for your set up. Even the G1 might be ok, but if you want SPS I would go with the G2...I think it's $100 more but well worth it cuz you dont want to upgrade again if the G1 doesn't cut it.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
how about letting us know space available to fit the skimmer ? width, length and hieght, save your money on a asm, personally on that size tank id look at a vertex in180, as for best id look into a vertex alpha 200 cone or a atb 840 considerably more $ but better skimmers also or i could go on with a list, the skimz line is killer also,

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
asm's arent the best skimmers you can buy but they are also not that bad i like them and have them because for the decent quality you get the price isnt bad. i havnt heard anything bad about the bubble magus, reef octopus or the vertex skimmers and imo with the last 3 the designs and ideas are pretty much the same. it will be a tossup with what sump space you have and the type of outflow return the skimmers have, i like the asm and magus returns over the valve on the octopus

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
As was said before. What are your dimension constraints(how big of an area can u dedicate to it) ? Internal or External ? What is your true budget ? Will it be a heavily stocked tank ? With these questions answered it will be a lot easier to give you some GOOD advise.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: