Fitz4fish

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mated pair of Clarkis and a Tomato Clown in a 150 G tank (along with a bunch of other fish) They have been fine for almost 2 years, all of the sudden they both turned on the tomato, and I mean fiercely. I was told the tank was big enough but alas no.
My question is, I have a small 6 gallon nano cube which I use for a goldfish. If I were to move the goldfish somewhere else, what do I need to prep it for the tomato clown. Would it be as easy as getting substrate, live rock and water from my big tank and plop him in? I also have a heater but its old. I guess I can go buy a cheap one. I dont want the water to get overheated from a faulty heater.
Any thoughts? I have had the tomato in a pourous basket in the main tank so he is ok for a few days if needed.
Also, can I put an anemone in there? Its only just a bulb for lighting.
Thanks!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
That's too bad, unfortunately some fish haven't read the book on what should work out! Lucky that you were able to catch him in a 150!

Yes, you could move him in there the way you described, although the lighting would not support an anenome, and you'd need to buy a heater but ultimately (imo) best to try and rehome him once you are sure he is ok.

Fitz4fish

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its amazing, they are going after him IN the basket. This nano cube doesnt have the most amazing filtration. I mean, its just running water over a charcoal filter. Is that a huge concern? The tanks are near each other so water changes with water from the main tank is a breeze.

Fitz4fish

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhh, mating, that would make sense. Thanks. No, I wouldnt keep him there permanently. But I need to get him out of Dodge right now. I know this sounds stupid but there isnt any tank aclimating time for established water and substrate in a new tank right? I dont think so at all, I just want to hear it from someone else!
Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: