Rating - 100%
5   0   0
KIERASTANK.jpg what do yall think nothings really in it so far but here it is

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi

nice rock work, what are you using besides the hob for water circulation.
really im using nothing now i just have a filter and am waiting on my powerhead now.. Kinda getting things little by little since i dont work anymore but if you dont mind can you pm me on what exactly i should get for a 30 gallon and do i need a sump? I didnt think i needed much thanks to this petland i go to they dont tell you ish! Thank god i have you guys

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
really im using nothing now i just have a filter and am waiting on my powerhead now.. Kinda getting things little by little since i dont work anymore but if you dont mind can you pm me on what exactly i should get for a 30 gallon and do i need a sump? I didnt think i needed much thanks to this petland i go to they dont tell you ish! Thank god i have you guys

Some workers in petland won't tell you sh** about saltwater they just want to get paid and that's all. On the other hands some worker at petland do care about saltwater and can tell you everything they know.

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi

6 months, wow... how come you haven't added any livestock yetHOBBYS KINDA EXPENSIVE EVEN THO I HAVE A SMALL TANK AND EVERYTIME I WANT TO ADD LIVESTOCK ITS SEEMS THAT I NEED SOMETHING NEW FOR MY TANK SOO I HAVE TO CHOOSE SINCE I HAVE NO JOB FOR NOW .. ILL JUST DO EQUIPMENT 1 WEEK AND LIVESTOCK THE OTHER..

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi

some workers in petland won't tell you sh** about saltwater they just want to get paid and that's all. On the other hands some worker at petland do care about saltwater and can tell you everything they know.
well my petland seems like their helping but leaves some things out soo idk... My petland is ready to give me corals and someone on here told me i need a sump for coral and petland says no soo i actually get confused at times id just rather stick to what the forums telling me

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
What's with your camera? I have to turn my monitor 90 degree to see your tank and your avatar. LOL

You don't need a sump for coral but with a sump, a lot of EQ can be put in there and your display tank will look cleaner. For example, you can put your heater in the sump. This usually also means that you have a bigger space to put more powerful EQ to support your corals. For example a skimmer. Many people have a sump with a refugium that export some nutrients via macro algae growth. Another benefit of having a fuge is that it can support more live forms such as pods to complete the food chain for your reef. The unintended, but very common side effects are that, they will become your second display tank and/or a temporary holding space for the unwanted fish or inverts.

Last edited:

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
What you want to do is not get ahead of yourself. At the moment the most crucial part is getting the proper equipment. If you want to keep coral (you can probably get away with simple coral like mushrooms or palys/zoas at this time), you're going to need an RODI, a testing kit and step up on the lighting if you have not done that by now.
Not having a job and trying to maintain a saltwater tank is going to be an economic burden. So think first on how you continue to proceed.

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
What's with your camera? I have to turn my monitor 90 degree to see your tank and your avatar. LOL

You don't need a sump for coral but with a sump, a lot of EQ can be put in there and your display tank will look cleaner. For example, you can put your heater in the sump. This usually also means that you have a bigger space to put more powerful EQ to support your corals. For example a skimmer. Many people have a sump with a refugium that export some nutrients via macro algae growth. Another benefit of having a fuge is that it can support more live forms such as pods to complete the food chain for your reef. The unintended, but very common side effects are that, they will become your second display tank and/or a temporary holding space for the unwanted fish or inverts.
LOL I CANT SEEM TO GET MY PICTURES TO FLIP ON MY PC :banghead: LOL ..
AND THANKS NOW I HAVE LITTLE MORE OF AN UNDERSTANDING.. SO WHAT ARE THE MUST HAVES?? BESIDES A HEATER,POWERHEAD AND FILTER

kay18321

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
what you want to do is not get ahead of yourself. At the moment the most crucial part is getting the proper equipment. If you want to keep coral (you can probably get away with simple coral like mushrooms or palys/zoas at this time), you're going to need an rodi, a testing kit and step up on the lighting if you have not done that by now.
Not having a job and trying to maintain a saltwater tank is going to be an economic burden. So think first on how you continue to proceed.
yes i did upgrade finally i have a aquatic life t5 fixture.. I also have a testing kit(i test weekly) everytthing good so far.. Just trying to figure out all that i need before i make a mistake

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: