CONSTANTNE

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Threads like this scare me lol. You will basically have people owning each and be stuck on their ways because they paid so much for a fixture.

That being said, I have had my AI sols set up for almost a year and my tank is 95% SPS. I have seen the Radions and the color seems nice as well. Dont know anything else about the fixture as far as growth and such though. One thing is for sure I will never go back to T5s or halides.

Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Threads like this scare me lol. You will basically have people owning each and be stuck on their ways because they paid so much for a fixture.

That being said, I have had my AI sols set up for almost a year and my tank is 95% SPS. I have seen the Radions and the color seems nice as well. Dont know anything else about the fixture as far as growth and such though. One thing is for sure I will never go back to T5s or halides.

I also own Ai sol blue I like the fixture as well.. I only seen the radion in a display .. Was wondering on some feed back on those as well.. I had mh and t5 as well.. Liked the t5 but was missing the shimmering.. So I don't think I'll go back my self either..lol

mbgrubb15

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Have an AI Sol Nano Blue. Great little light. I've read the blues are very powerful. At the height of the lights during the day the blues are at 85% and whites are at 50%. no problems as all. Corals are growing like crazy!

nickyJ

New Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I think my Radion has my tank looking like halides and not the 'cold' look I see from DIY LED setups and AI's. Totally willing to accept that the hole in my wallet is why I feel this way. Only had it running for 6 weeks or so cant comment on long term success. My Sps is growing and my red planet is red (which should mean its getting solid Par)

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I have over a dozen A/I's and love them. Do I think I would choose them as a new purchase over the Radions absolutely not. It really isnt a fair comparison either. One is litterelly half the price with way less features. I will say either way you will not be disapointed.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Radions are better and cost much more. Im unaware as to whether they are actually better for growing coral, but they are better.
I know im happy with my AI's, but if money did not matter I would be buying the radions.
Radion price will drop in a year or two maximum, perhaps even faster as new technology is developed. Like computers and Tvs, they will keep getting better (but not at the same rate).

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
I have the radions love them . There cheaper then the AI , for a 120g you need 4 AI units , as for radions you only need 2. So $2000 for a AI that give you the spot light affect and doesnt have natural mode, or $1500 for radions , no spot light affect can ajust to how deep your tank is and has a natural mode a real sunset and sundown affect .

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
radions are overglorified AI's plain and simple. The whole 4 AI's on a 120 is absurd, I've seen plenty of tanks w/ 2 and grow sps fine with that.

Radions have red and green lights yes, only time you see the red and green light is if you adjust it to those color and how often is that.

You barely ever use them. Then extra features? Extra features being using the computer that you use basixcally once to set them adn forget it or adjust them every few months...

Or the it interacts with the mpW, all it does is put them in night mode currently (great feature). OH MY BUT THE NATURAL MODE, the whole idea of natural mode is a new feature and just to add a bell and whistle. People have been growing corals under PC, MH, and T5 all in an unnatural light successfully for years.

Yes the Ecotech Radion concept is nice, but it is too new of a generation of light and for the cost NOT worth it at THIS POINT. In a year or two with new generations of lights absoluitely I think they'll be set.

But at this point save your money and get the AIs. They'll both grow your corals and both have good colors, but instead of spending $1700 (oh yeah $750 + $50 hanging kit (without the screws) You'll spend $1,000 and have plenty of coverage with a hanging kit (WITH SCREWS OMG!!!).

And I'm sure some people will say but but but my radion it it is so nice.

It is a nice light and good concept, not for the price or execution though.

i've personally owned MH, T5, and the radion. I'm thinking of going back to the T5 or even the AI Sol Blues and not afraid to admit it.

Lot of these radion folks don't want to/can't accept the fact they paid almost double for a light that does the same thing. BUT BUT THE FEATURES, NOPE

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
i tried one of my AI's on full blast n all i got to say is WOW... ive had halides but these lights blows em away. im going to be setting up 2 12" AI sol blues n im hoping for the best :party: all these guys who say t5's blow em away thats fine but if you find the right zone and your water chemistry is perfect you will be very happy....

Last edited:

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I have 4 AI sol blues on a 200 DD, and I love them. However, I am going to try something new. I am going to be adding red LEDs to see if I can bring out the reds. I'll keep you guys posted.

garys reef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
i dont know much about the radions but i have 4 sol blues over my 90 and i love them will never go back to t5's people say you dont get color with leds i disagree

Attachments

• 214.jpg
    214.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 520
  • 215.jpg
    215.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 517
  • 218.jpg
    218.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 592

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: