Sub

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I dont get there much, but I'm headed towards Port Washington from the North and was thinking about stopping at a fish shop or two. Any recommendations on ones not to miss? I'm mainly interested in nice reasonably priced frags, but I'm into all areas of saltwater.

Are Beital's any good? Thats right on my way.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
At Beital's you'll find some of the largest fish you'll see for sale anywhere, that being said you need to be careful buying from them as they're usually have some problems. Either diseases of just banged up they need to be heavily QT. As for corals, nothing too special and some have damage.

Sub

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Maximum reefs in Mt Vernon they have the most competitive prices around. A must visit store.

I think I've decided to skip beitals.. I think I might go to Kissena and Fish Town since they are kind of en route. Are those places any good for corals?!

I'm mainly looking for inexpensive and unique (oxymoron?!) coral frags for my little nano. Does Maximum reefs have a lot of coral frags? I can only get the more basic stuff where I am.. and its super expensive ($30-40 frags usually).

I'd love to find a place with riccordea, acans, gorgonian sea whips (like red, yellow.. branch type not squishy finger type). :)

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I think I've decided to skip beitals.. I think I might go to Kissena and Fish Town since they are kind of en route. Are those places any good for corals?!

I'm mainly looking for inexpensive and unique (oxymoron?!) coral frags for my little nano. Does Maximum reefs have a lot of coral frags? I can only get the more basic stuff where I am.. and its super expensive ($30-40 frags usually).

I'd love to find a place with riccordea, acans, gorgonian sea whips (like red, yellow.. branch type not squishy finger type). :)

which Fish town your talking about the one in NJ? if so that store as been closed for a while already.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
which Fish town your talking about the one in NJ? if so that store as been closed for a while already.

FishTown in Ramsey is open! You mean the Fish Tank in Saddle Brook, that one is closed!

I would also skip Beitals. I only live about 10 mins from there and don't bother going there any more. They will beat you up on prices since nothing is marked. If the owner is not there the workers have to call him to price stuff. I have always noticed that the tanks are way too crowded and always have deads in the tanks. Corals are nothing to speak of anyway.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
FishTown in Ramsey is open! You mean the Fish Tank in Saddle Brook, that one is closed!

I would also skip Beitals. I only live about 10 mins from there and don't bother going there any more. They will beat you up on prices since nothing is marked. If the owner is not there the workers have to call him to price stuff. I have always noticed that the tanks are way too crowded and always have deads in the tanks. Corals are nothing to speak of anyway.

oh really is has open? i wasn't aware of that thanks for the heads up dude.

Sub

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Isn't there a Fish Town in Queens? Im pretty sure thats the one hes talking about considering he lumped it in with Kissena aquariums

Ya I think that's the one.. this is the address:

Fish Town
196-33 Northern Blvd, Flushing, NY 11358

Does Maximum Reefs have a lot of small corals? The store looks pretty small, found a couple pics online.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: