underworld@hvrk

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Although I have posted here before and have recently met Daceman89, who is local and also a long time aquaintance of masterswimmer,and I beleive most of you have met my mentor @ the swap nine9d, Id like to say I like the site and love to see local fellow reefkeepers and sps lovers. And wanted to sort of introduce myself formerly to the MR. crew. My name is Scott I curently have a 20gallon via aqua cube tank, barebottom,er cs6-2 reciurc,20gal ets sump,50lbs lr split between sump and display,250w 20k hqi, all I keep is sps and zoanthids. I have two fish at the moment I am babysitting for a tank I mantain for the dealership I work for. I am in the process of setting up a 40gal breeder bb reef(hence the light and skimmer size) I started this hobby 3years ago with an oceanic 37cube and after a bad relationship and the unknown selling of my er and death of all my livestock(more like murder) I almost gave up the hobby and 1 day I said I gotta get back to my roots and started the 20 just to get back in the swing of things and you all know the rest of this story(nicotine,alchahol,caffeine, all have nothing on reefkeeping) so hello and I will post pics of my set-up soon.!

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Hey scott welcome to MR formally. Umm was this the bleach incident on HVRK that was implied a few times? Anyway glad to see you here and hope you have fun. MR is a little more active than some of the other local boards. :)

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Scott! Signed up recently here myself!

Chiefmcfuz said:
Umm was this the bleach incident on HVRK that was implied a few times?

Bleach incident on HVRK? I'm one of the founding members and this is the first I've heard of a "bleach incident" Chief...??? LOL

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
chief there have been a few reports of tanks killed with bleach on RC.
I think in one case a wife/ex-wife killed her husbands tank, I'm pretty sure she was arrested.

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chiefmcfuz said:
Tom sorry maybe I was thinking of another site. No biggie. At least not for me. I can't do a search anymore but I'll try a search on RS to see if it was there.

No need to be sorry Chief! I was thinking that I missed something and was curious!

chief there have been a few reports of tanks killed with bleach on RC.
I think in one case a wife/ex-wife killed her husbands tank, I'm pretty sure she was arrested.

Man that's harsh. If it was the "wife" and not the "ex-wife", I'm willin' to bet that she "became" the ex-wife.

underworld@hvrk

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
well the lesson I learned is do not move into a house your g/f's parents own! when I left, going back to get my stuff was a *****, and when I finally got back in It really was rough to see, acro's I got as frags that had 2yrs of growth WHITE! Er cs6-1 GONE! The only things left alive were my clowns,snails and algae. She had later told me she sold the Er, and topped off the tank with tapwater for the 2months it took me to get back in.
It's all good though now because I like my new set-up more and It was a hell of alot cheaper this time around(diy is hardcore these days) & have you ever had a girlfriend and you thought her bestfriend was really hot? Well I guess her friend thought the same, we have been together now for 3 1/2 months.................:D

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
underworld@hvrk said:
& have you ever had a girlfriend and you thought her bestfriend was really hot? Well I guess her friend thought the same, we have been together now for 3 1/2 months.................:D

:shhh::Hydrogen: HEHEHE...um....CONGRATS!

tomzpc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
underworld@hvrk said:
It's all good though now because I like my new set-up more and It was a hell of alot cheaper this time around(diy is hardcore these days) & have you ever had a girlfriend and you thought her bestfriend was really hot? Well I guess her friend thought the same, we have been together now for 3 1/2 months.................:D

:lol: Scott. Glad you came back to the hobby bud.

nine9d

President - HVRK
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks for the compliment Scott, just found this thread. Your new setup is going to be sick man. When you need some help, just give me a shout.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: