Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had a large Maroon Clown hosting my bubble-tip which was rather on the small side. It spent 95% of it's time in the anemone and "wore out" it's tips until the anemone eventually died. I think the clown was too big/harsh for the anemone to handle... I think i had a thread on here about it but it was a couple of years ago.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I had a large Maroon Clown hosting my bubble-tip which was rather on the small side. It spent 95% of it's time in the anemone and "wore out" it's tips until the anemone eventually died. I think the clown was too big/harsh for the anemone to handle... I think i had a thread on here about it but it was a couple of years ago.

Wow, that's pretty crazy. I had my nem's since they were 1 nem pics of it growing and all are in my old 65G tank thread. It had 2 true perc clowns in it since day 1 and always thrived. They wound up having a bunch to swim in and none of them were ever harmed by the 2 of them.

Bikeboss11

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
These anemones are very fragile specimens and you have to pay careful attention when moving any rock near them.... It looks like its on it's way to recovery, you should keep the clown fish away from it for now and only feed once a week. Good luck

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
These anemones are very fragile specimens and you have to pay careful attention when moving any rock near them.... It looks like its on it's way to recovery, you should keep the clown fish away from it for now and only feed once a week. Good luck

I know..I'll be more carefull.. Thankfully it didn't die
And yes that clownfish is staying in the Refugium until further notice

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
The anemone completely lost and revere its tentacles
It's doing pretty good now even though it moved to the low left front corner of the tank so now I know it was the light
I reintroduced the maroon back into the tank and in less than five mins it found it
This is how they look now

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1334699084.658347.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1334699084.658347.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 102

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: