Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
so ive had my RBTA for months now and its been doing pretty good...have a maroon clown hosting it ...but recently it has one side of its disk closed..i took a close look at it and it looks like its hurt or/and has a piece of itself ripped or scratched

at first it wasnt that closed up but the clownfish stays rubbing it and irritating it more and more....today i took the maroon out and see if it would open again

do RBTA heal by itself ?
what can i do ?

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Thats a premature answer.

Do you know what caused said rips or breaks?

mmm i dont know...the only thing that i can think of is ...that i had moved a couple of rocks where it was attached to and MAYBE a rock smashed it and scratched it

i cant see clearly what it is ..if is a hole or a scratch since that part its closed

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Usually if one of the tentacles are torn it will close up and heal if your water quality is good if the tear affected the mouth or foot of the anemone then there could be a problem. Is the anemone fully expanded after the tear? If so it should recover

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
So the anemone lost 90 percent of its tentacles
But it seems like they are growing back
This is how it is now

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs1333337293.311778.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs1333337293.311778.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 220

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Just to ease your fears a bit. My 65G crashed and I about lost my nems. Well I did lose 2 out of 5. But the other 3 are getting better by the day. They're very bleached which I'm sure is because they're putting everything into regenerating their tentacles. Here is the difference with a lot of water changes and feeding them whenever they'll eat along with keeping real good light on them.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/1138276-post69.html

They're regenerating rather nicely now. Hopefully they'll make it. I 'm just saying don't worry too much over the loss of the tentacles, just keep up on water quality and feedings and I think it'll be fine.

Best wishes that he turns out fine.:)

It's been just over a month and a half since they were taken out of the old tank and as you'll see mine were A LOT worse off than yours is.

Last edited:

Bry17nyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I'll leave it alone
The clown is still in the Refugium.. It was no help

Now I think it was a lighting issue
Because I had bought a 8bulb tek and it shocked my sps so probably it also shocked the anemone

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: