antman

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have tracked my bubble problem down. The drain from the tank is creating so mank bubbles they are killing me. The tank looks cloudy. What I have done is put a filter sock on the drain and that is stopping the bubbles. The sock is a pain to put on and take off. Is there a better way?

antman

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have baffles and the bubbles take a ride through them. I have a ball valve on my return line and slowed the flow down to almost nothing. Still had bubbles.

antman

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the sponge in the baffles. That slowed the flow down and the water rose ove the middle baffle. I put the sponge before the return and the sponge was sucked in the pump. The sock works the best on the drain. I just want something with less upkeep. Cleaning the sock every few days I am not going to do. I haven't done it in a week and don't want to put it back if I take it out. The space is tight and was looking for something like putting a T on the bottom of the drain. Something stupid that a newbie wouldn't know.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
you can make a chamber that the water from the drain hit's first.

a tall tupperware container filled with live rock rubble will dissipate the bubbles. some people build these chambers into the sump, but the container will work just as well. to prevent detritus from collecting prop it up off the bottom of the tank and put holes on the bottom. even with this system you may still have to clean it out once in a while, but not as much as a filter sock.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: