LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I am thinking of ordering:

Tunze Turbelle? Stream Kit TS24 (6100x2, 7095x1)

which includes

2 pumps with 2x12000 l/h (3175 gal), wave simulation, foodtimer, operation in night mode sequential pump circuit and tide simulation

2 Turbelle ? Stream 6100 + Multicontroller 7095

Does sequential pump circuit mean that I do not need a wave maker?

Is there such thing as too much flow?

Thanks,
Leslie
120gal rm div tall

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
when you say wave maker are you referring to something like the wave box that tunze has?

depending on your fish and coral, yes there can be too much flow, small fish and soft coral would not like the same flow larger fish and hard coral, i.e. SPS would love. you just need to tailer the flow to what your keeping.

the nice thing with the controllable tunzes is the flow can be adjusted.

the ts-24 is a sweet package, your not playing around with that :D

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
OK, when I was planning on regular power jets, I had a "wave maker". The tunze kit says "sequential pump circuit and tide simulation." That sounds like the same thing as a wave maker. Am I correct?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that's what i thought you meant.

the contoller that comes with the tunze is a "wave maker" and so much more. your all set with that kit.if you get it you'll like everything it can do.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Leslie,

I can't help but notice that you are buying a LOT of the required gear for a successful reef (good work!).

It is probably a good idea to take a look at how this equipment runs, you might want to visit some of the local reefers and see how everything looks and functions. Just ask and I'm sure some people will invite you to see what they have done.

Good luck!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Josh said:
Leslie,

I can't help but notice that you are buying a LOT of the required gear for a successful reef (good work!).

I couldn't agree more Josh. She's like the perfect noobie we all want to mentor! :flower:

Josh said:
It is probably a good idea to take a look at how this equipment runs, you might want to visit some of the local reefers and see how everything looks and functions. Just ask and I'm sure some people will invite you to see what they have done.

Great suggestion. Let me be first to invite you and the b/f over to check it out. :lol: Can you say, "Beam me up Scotty"? Unfortunately I'm GU (Orange County, NY) :sad: However, if you're ever up this way, make sure you give me a holler before you pass through. The doors are always open to fellow reefers.

I'm very sure many others will step up and make the same offer. It's a great idea to see how all this equipment is used in a practical application.

swimmer

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
masterswimmer said:
I couldn't agree more Josh. She's like the perfect noobie we all want to mentor! :flower:

Great suggestion. Let me be first to invite you and the b/f over to check it out. :lol: Can you say, "Beam me up Scotty"? Unfortunately I'm GU (Orange County, NY) :sad: However, if you're ever up this way, make sure you give me a holler before you pass through. The doors are always open to fellow reefers.

I'm very sure many others will step up and make the same offer. It's a great idea to see how all this equipment is used in a practical application.

swimmer

1. i agree wit masta.... shes acutally listening and not jumping the gun.....

2. also my doors are always open to fellow reefers as well.. so anytime just give me a holla...

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Actually, I knocked over a bank last week, and I have to get rid of the money before the feds find it. This is my disguise:eek:rangehat .

I'm actually pretty cheap. I'll be really bummed if I spend a lot on something and then have to turn around and buy the same thing only SLIGHTLY different. I'm also big on the fun factor :flower: and don't want to get frustrated :banghead: because my equip doesn't work properly.

I definitely want to see some other set ups. Have to work around b/f's sched. Thanks for wanting to be my mentors! It's going to be a really fun hobby once I get started...

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Josh said:

hmm, good advice from a man with no tank :wink1::headache:

I live on bleecker street, if you and B Fishy :D would like to stop by your welcome to. I have a system that's similar to what you want to set up.
just pm me for the info.
or you can visit Master up in Canada , hehe sorry Russ :flower:

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
J, I hope you invited Leslie to the unofficial swap in June at your place. My g/f needs a chick to talk about reef with! :happysad:.

Btw, I'm jealous of your set-up already and it's not even running yet.

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Wow Leslie doesn't play games! :splitspin I was on your chiller forum and now I i see you here! If only I had these wonderful people pointing the way when I was starting out 7 years ago. Well good luck to you and if you and anyone else want to check out my set up and rummage through my fridge feel free! PS... you stock the fridge! :biglaugh:

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Froggie, I would love to talk reef with your gf, but as you said, I am not even set up yet. No reef to discuss:rolleyes: . I do have lots of questions!

You guys have all been great. I have saved $$ already by avoiding the WRONG equip!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: