rtague

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Are there any advantages to using hard pvc over tubing to plumb a sump?.I'm thinking of putting ball valves next to bulk heads then vinyl tubing to drain and return pump,or should I use pvc all the way.

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
You the grey plumbing drain kit lfs sell them at different sizes i know aquarium village does .and another important thing if you use hard pvc for your return pump when you use pvc you have to make different 90 degree turns and that slows the pump down .so keep that in mind also . so i would use the soft plumbing for the return pump

jon99

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a combo, hard pvc for drain to sump and flex pvc for return from sump to dt. My thinking was the flex pvc reduces the drag and loss in flow that you get with 90 degree turns with hard pvc.

yah-the submariner

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
yep,go with skene and jon and you definitely want to use a gate valve. flex and clear both have uses but with clear tubing you will eventually have algae growth. also definitely hard plumb your drain though,you do NOT want a leak or tubing failure from that area.you're more likely to do more work or changes from the return i.e upgrading return pumps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: