Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am looking to start an aquarium.
Does anyone have any advice as to where I to buy a tank online or in NYC?

I am looking for something about 3 feet wide.
Not sure if salt or freshwater yet.

Right now I am searching for advice to make my adventure as painless and interesting as possible.

Best,

j

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Hello,

I am looking to start an aquarium.
Does anyone have any advice as to where I to buy a tank online or in NYC?

I am looking for something about 3 feet wide.
Not sure if salt or freshwater yet.

Right now I am searching for advice to make my adventure as painless and interesting as possible.

Best,

j
Before you buy anything !!! Take a trip down to manhattan aquariums and ask alot of questions , this will help direct your decision of whether to go big, small, fresh , or salt!!! Aquariums are wonderful but you need to know what your limitations are

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You can buy a tank at petco when they have it on sale for $1 a gallon sale. They run it almost every other month. But before you buy a tank. Do alot of homework on saltwater fish. It will cost a lot more money and will take a lot of patience. It's a little more work but worth it at the end. Saltwater you need to buy salt and Protein Skimmer. Besides equipment the filters and heaters. Saltwater you best to add live rock to tank. Than the lighting. So my advice to you is ask alot of question. Do a lot of research and what is your budget. If going salt my advice do it right the first time. Otherwise you will spend twice as much in already expensive hobby.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: