Cadiz.Jonathan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I was thinking of getting a par bulb. But was concerned if I put a par 38 bulb is that the most par I'm going to get out of it? If so
Is it worth getting a par bulb? Because from what I've been reading that's not enough par to Evan grow lps let alone sps.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Huh?

Which par LEDs are in question?
What company?
Which led chip?
What size tank?
What optics?

I've been growing sps with my almost three year old par 38s

Mine are 3 watt LEDs running at around 2 watts.

Last edited:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
PAR 38 is not a measure of light output in this application.

When you see PAR38 the PAR stands for either "Pressed glass Aluminized Reflector" or "Parabolic Aluminized Reflector," depending on who you ask. The 38 means it's 38 eighths of an inch, or 4 3/4", in diameter.

PAR is also a measure of light intensity and that is a completely different number.

Cadiz.Jonathan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PAR 38 is not a measure of light output in this application.

When you see PAR38 the PAR stands for either "Pressed glass Aluminized Reflector" or "Parabolic Aluminized Reflector," depending on who you ask. The 38 means it's 38 eighths of an inch, or 4 3/4", in diameter.

PAR is also a measure of light intensity and that is a completely different number.

Wow thanks that answered my question completely

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anybody has been using the Par38 from Ecoxotic?? I will like to buy it but i wanna be sure if with this type of light will help me to keep sps corals and lps corals and also some mushrooms and a couple of mini carpet anemones!! Thank you every one !!

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Zero,

Here's my input. If your just going to buy a white/blue par 38 then just go with any of the name brands.

Boost, rapid led, ecoxotic, etc...

If you want full spectrum par 38 then go with a ledtric full spectrum bulb. You can grow sps with them.

My tank is full sps now and using all par38s. Most can be mounted anywhere from 5-10" above the waterline on 7-20" tanks and grow sps.

Mine are growing sps 20" below them on the sand bed.

zeroblake07

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
par 38 tricolor

Zero,

Here's my input. If your just going to buy a white/blue par 38 then just go with any of the name brands.

Boost, rapid led, ecoxotic, etc...

If you want full spectrum par 38 then go with a ledtric full spectrum bulb. You can grow sps with them.

My tank is full sps now and using all par38s. Most can be mounted anywhere from 5-10" above the waterline on 7-20" tanks and grow sps.

Mine are growing sps 20" below them on the sand bed.

hello thank you for your answer..!!
i will like to know if any ledtric could be good for my little aquarium, i'm new in this saltwater hobby and i have a 5 gallons aquarium , than i was building little by little i have a fluval chi with Led Arm from ecoxotic with 6 whites 12k and 3 453nm blues. everything is going perfect , i have for now a frogspawn coral, and a couple of zooanthids , and i will like to upgrade with a light than could me help to grow up this corals and also to grow up sps corals and keep them without problems..

i saw than ecoxotic has a ledtric but you can recommend to me an specific one!!

thanks again for your answer..!!:thanks:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
par bulb from Wingo

I also run par bulb on my tank had them customized by wingo intensity is very bright and the colors of led are what i wanted. Mine is 9x3watt. Try to ask him maybe he can give u a nice deal :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: