LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I wish that I had looked at more tanks in person (not fish store tanks) before I had decided on a set up! Actually...all that plumbing may have scared me off:)

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
LeslieS said:
Yes, My tank and equipment are still on order so the pain is fresh!!
Piece of advise, throw away your receipts! Stop keeping track now!

Seriously though, welcome and you'll love it.

Here's another one that I wish someone told me.

1. Forgo the closed loop and putting 5 powerheads in your tank. Get two Seios and point them at each other mounted right at the top of your tank in the middle.

That would have saved me from buying:
Mag7
Eheim 1262
Tunze 6000
Mj 1200
MJ 600

Oh well, when I do my next upgrade at least I have most of the equipment already. Ugh, now I'm thinking about how much those pumps cost :(.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
froggiebunbun said:
That Acrylic scratches like a mofo...wait they did tell me but I just thought that I "would just be careful"....not the case. Go glass man.

I know for sure nobody wants me to sing to them, but here goes anyway :biggrin:

Froggie >>>>> I'll second that emotion!

Thumbs down with acrylic (unless it's used for a sump, fuge, skimmer, reactor, etc.)

ACRYLIC FOR A DISPLAY IS :skull:

swimmer

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Another thing I wish people told me is that reefing involves READING 90% of the time....lol. The other 9% is addressing tank issues. We only have 1% to sit back and enjoy it..lol

Think about the amount of stuff we know being reefers. Lighting principles, water chemistry, animal behavior and diet....heck even a basic introduction to electrical engineering. We is smarts. :lol:

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
That Mrs socks had a daughter!!!

wedding5couple.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: