willienelson

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I have a sweet scolymia, and I've noticed that if I use even an extremely low intensity moonlight he doesn't put his tentacles out at night time, but if i turn it off they immediately emerge. Obviously I want them coming out, but is it something he will get conditioned into doing, or should i just keep the moonlight off?

he's seems quite healthy and has a voracious appetite. if i put a mysis shrimp on him with full lights he will gobble it up in a few minutes.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
+1 with Ducati. All the tentacles come out at night to feed whether its Scolys, Chalices, Acans...etc. If you spot feed them during the day, they will eat it right up

james1990

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
the original post was not asking about feeding but rather if the use of moonlights preventing the scolys tentacles from coming out on a pro longed use is bad for the coral.

im also interested in this answer, hopefully someone can chime in. its actually a bit annoying as my tank is in my bedroom and after 9pm I keep my room as dark as possible lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: