jggav66

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well this is my second Gold flake which stopped eating. Would like to know if any one has had this experince. I have tried everything possible. Stomach is sunken in and already tried dosing the food with metro and focus. He seems to be looking around for something but not interested in a variety of foods. Tried frozen , pellets, flake and live. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I was even considering if any one is up to it to get him into a bigger tank to see if that would help him. I have a 150 high so please if you have a much larger tank.

jggav66

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
yes, it seems these fish do not like the tank life. One day eating like a chap and next nothing. I read your link thank you and see that I have the same problem others already experienced. I hope it turns for the better we will see.

jggav66

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yes

I will try this again tomorrow. I moved him to my qt as its not worth contaminating my display. I am trying prazipro too see if this helps. Not sure what else I can do. I have read these fish are hard to keep. But so are a few others I have in the tank like a regal angel and Hawaiian wrasse. These two are eating fine so not sure if this fish had a problem from day one. His stomach was a bit sunken in the fist day i got him. So I started to dose his food with metro and focus both meds are made by seachem. This I thought was internal parasite. He was eating and always came to the top to feed until about a week ago. He was never really an aggressive eater. I got this fish site on seen from a vendor who sells on this site. I called him the same night to tell him about the angels stomach. He said he did not notice anything. Not sure if could believe this as it was obvious when i opened the bag.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: