Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So two of my favorite acan colonies have been acting a little strange the past couple of weeks. Up until 2 weeks ago they were huge and inflated and seemed insanely healthy. I was spot feeding them everyday and they loved it. Here is a photo from then:

acans.jpeg

For the past 2 weeks it seems as though they've been going through some kind of a mood swing. They open during the daytime and close when the lights are out. However, they don't open nearly as much and I'm not sure why. There's a couple of other acan frags nearby that don't seem afflicted with the same signs. Here is a photo of what they look like tonight.

acans1.jpg

Anybody have some input? I don't want to move them around or anything like that because I know that they have been happy in the position that they are in.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Mine don't show any tentacles during the day. After lights are out then they come out. All corals seems to have cycles where they open nicely and then for a while don't. Even when there is no changes in the tank. However sometimes things change without you realizing it. Bulbs get weak, glass cover get cloudy, a couple water changes missed. I feed mine only once a week. I use frozen chopped up silversides. What do you feed yours? Just because a coral ingests something does not mean it get something out of it.
Dried foods that fish eat is fine for them because they have a real digestive system. But corals probably don't get much from them since their systems are very crude.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: