Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
How to clean an acrylic tank with small opening and tall sides? its thick too.

I have tried the long handled scrapers with limited success.

Whats the best magnet type one for getting off tough algae in the hard to reach places?

links and/ pics appreciated.

thanks in advance for any help.

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I wouldn't recommend magnets on acrylic. I had an acrylic tank and scrapping algae with magfloats really scratched it up. All it took was a few pieces of sand getting caught in them and my tank was never the same.

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I tried the Aqueon felt one , without much luck.

so if not a magnet then what? on a stick ? I have tried the red blade on the black sticks and they just dint get it done very well.

I was hoping for a twin brush dual action spinning scrubber robot that is safe and fully automated ?

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I use original Mr Clean magic erasers. Just be sure it's the original unscented one.

mr clean erasers are a very fine abrasive, made from toxic melamine formaldehyde. they say to rince dishes very well cause you don't want to eat small pieces. I'm sure small particles stay in tank

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
mr clean erasers are a very fine abrasive, made from toxic melamine formaldehyde. they say to rince dishes very well cause you don't want to eat small pieces. I'm sure small particles stay in tank

Thanks for the info. Melamine formaldehyde is used in alot of applications that people contact everyday.

budddman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
The credit card trick works well and you dont have to be so careful...you can use a razor but just get your angles right when scraping, so you dont dig or scratch acrylic....also two little fishies makes a nano mag...and another one...that are good foor tight spaces

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Reefs

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: