• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm approaching the aquascaping phase of my project and I was wondering what everyone's thoughts on the best dry rock is.

I've looked at reefrocks.net, marcos rocks, and bulf reef supply. They all seem like nice products. I'm looking to purchase 100Lbs. I plan on using 25lbs of live rock to seed the tank.

What are your preferences and why?

Thanks!

Kendall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Bulk reef supply! They have a great variety and service and no b.s. The florida rock may not need to be cured but the other types do! I recently bought the shelf rock and 1 day after putting it in water, the water looked like tea. The rock itself is amazing!!

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Bulk reef supply! They have a great variety and service and no b.s. The florida rock may not need to be cured but the other types do! I recently bought the shelf rock and 1 day after putting it in water, the water looked like tea. The rock itself is amazing!!

Thanks for the reply Kendall. I like BRS a lot myself but the rock is a bit pricey compared to others i've looked at. Not sure what the difference is in terms of quality though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: