AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just hooked up my Apex lite and am still learning the basics but one thing i noticed is that my external pump switches on and off in intervals lasting about a minute or two. Its currently plugged into outlet #4 which the apex has labeled VarSpd4_14. Would this have anything to do with it? Whats the best outlet to plug the pump into?

Thanks.

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanks everyone. I think I got the hang of programming the outlets. The next PITA for me is trying to get it going wireless. I followed the instructions but still does not seem to work so for now I have a 50 foot cable running from my office to the tank.

ClownAquatics

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 93.8%
45   3   0
You need to make sure that you have the network connections set to STATIC (NOT DHCP).

I would change the address to something high (ie 192.168.1.200) but make sure that it follows what your router says. The last nubmber should be the 200.

THen change the port to something high like 9890 or something like that.

THen you need to go into your router and do a Port Forward to the IP and Port that you assigned.

Then by going on your computer and visiting whatismyip.com. Take that IP and then add the port to it and visit it on a web browser

<ip>:9890

THis is the jist of it.

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You need to make sure that you have the network connections set to STATIC (NOT DHCP).

I would change the address to something high (ie 192.168.1.200) but make sure that it follows what your router says. The last nubmber should be the 200.

THen change the port to something high like 9890 or something like that.

THen you need to go into your router and do a Port Forward to the IP and Port that you assigned.

Then by going on your computer and visiting whatismyip.com. Take that IP and then add the port to it and visit it on a web browser

<ip>:9890

THis is the jist of it.

I was following the instructions on the Neptune website and it said to open port 80. I do recall that I disabled DHCP. I remember doing the whatismyip.com step as well but i'm wondering if i went wrong with the the ports?? I'll know more this weekend. Thanks for the help!

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I highly recommend for anyone starting with the Neptune Apex to download and follow the instructions in the advanced manual written by the guys over at RC. It is really complete, from basic programming to advanced stuff like Wi-Fi. I was up and running within 2 hours thanks to it.

http://www.neptunesystems.com/support/docs/

"Comprehensive Reference Manual v2"

Thanks Geraud. I do have a copy of this but I did not have time to get into it in too much depth. I'll have to check it out this weekend.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: