Nudi?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
How big is it?
Are we talking Zoa Nudi, or where are you seeing this?

Will go find a pic for you..:bunny:

Zoa eating Nudi:
http://www.google.com/search?q=zoa+eating+nudi&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=-4ZCUbaKM5i24AO3oIHgAg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1600&bih=752

But your description says stomatella to me..if you were looking in through the glass:
http://www.google.com/search?q=stomatella+snail&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=T4dCUcngApKk4AOqyoCgBw&sqi=2&ved=0CDMQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=752

or better yet..see if you can grab a pic of it :)

..we'll settle for an indecent pic of it too ;)

Last edited:

yesjenks

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I couldn't get a good picture because it's too small. It's about a 1/4 inch and all white except for it's 2 brown horns/antennas. It hasn't been hanging out by my zoa's it particular that I've noticed. It has been crawling all over my LR.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Woa, I didn't see the links there. Yes, it looks like the 2nd link. I didn't know a snail could loose it's shell.

Thanks for your help!
Actually it hasn't lost its shell.. It's still there, it's just very small and only covers part of its body.
They are good guys. If yours is only a quarter inch, the it is a baby and you likely have more and they are breeding in your tank :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Based on the pictures, do you think it's still a shell less snail?
I see you changed the pics tonight :)

One - no. Not sure what it is from the pic. Can you possibly enlarge that portion of the pic without letting it get too blurry & post it?

Two - if it was a stomatella - they actually aren't shell-less, the shell is just really small.

yesjenks

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The differences between this and the stomatella are that this guy doesn't seem to have a shell (even a little one :)) and his horns are more pointed kind of like a devil as apposed to stringy antennas like snails have.

What do you think?

Attachments

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Your little guy is too skinny to be a stomatella. My stomatellas multiply all the time and they are wider than this guy.
He might be a marine worm (there are about 6,000 different types), but either way he doesn't look like something I'd worry about.
You're not seeing any issues in the tank?

yesjenks

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Correct, no worries in the tank. I did notice 2 of these guys dead in my overflow yesterday. I'm gonna just let them be and see what happens.

Thanks Kathy!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I still do want to try and figure out what he is..if possible!
Is he totally white? And smooth along all of his edges..except for his devil horns? (;))

Have you even seen them anywhere but on the glass?

Last edited:

duke62

Rating - 100%
223   0   0
How much is it worth to you? If its something without a identity and i have expensive corals in my tank i would either A--Put it in the sump B--In the garbage. Why take a chance

Featured Sponsors