yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Full white body with 2 brown antennas. Trying to get a decent picture. Flush it?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Last edited:

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I couldn't get a good picture because it's too small. It's about a 1/4 inch and all white except for it's 2 brown horns/antennas. It hasn't been hanging out by my zoa's it particular that I've noticed. It has been crawling all over my LR.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Woa, I didn't see the links there. Yes, it looks like the 2nd link. I didn't know a snail could loose it's shell.

Thanks for your help!

Actually it hasn't lost its shell.. It's still there, it's just very small and only covers part of its body.
They are good guys. If yours is only a quarter inch, the it is a baby and you likely have more and they are breeding in your tank :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Based on the pictures, do you think it's still a shell less snail?

I see you changed the pics tonight :)

One - no. Not sure what it is from the pic. Can you possibly enlarge that portion of the pic without letting it get too blurry & post it?

Two - if it was a stomatella - they actually aren't shell-less, the shell is just really small.

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
The differences between this and the stomatella are that this guy doesn't seem to have a shell (even a little one :)) and his horns are more pointed kind of like a devil as apposed to stringy antennas like snails have.

What do you think?

Attachments

• zoom.jpg
    zoom.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 95

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Your little guy is too skinny to be a stomatella. My stomatellas multiply all the time and they are wider than this guy.
He might be a marine worm (there are about 6,000 different types), but either way he doesn't look like something I'd worry about.
You're not seeing any issues in the tank?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I still do want to try and figure out what he is..if possible!
Is he totally white? And smooth along all of his edges..except for his devil horns? (;))

Have you even seen them anywhere but on the glass?

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: