duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Hi everyone I'm a newbie with corals and I want to know if I'm doing something wrong

I got this coral at the frag swap event
0A35C6CA-5D3F-455B-8E4B-7EF5A52621F5-11647-000005A0D0055477_zpse4c44e84.jpg

when I got home I put it on top of a rock and some yellow flowers came out
47F7E3F8-8CCB-41AC-9351-176D2A2F99DE-11647-000005A10395C87D_zps94a1b642.jpg

Then I found it on the sand with the yellow little flowers out then I moved it to the rock again but now it's been without the flowers (closed) for a day

What I'm doing wrong ? Where should I put this coral ?

By the way
Can some one ID this coral for me?

Please help I don't want this to die because of my ignorance

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
First thing your doing wrong is not researching what your buying. Second is not telling us more about your system IE whats your lighting and schedule,parameters along with types of kits your using to check them with and size of system. You need to do ALOT more research before you buy anything else and i can tell you havent since your calling the coral polyps "flowers" Slow down and buy yourself some books before you purchase anything else including equipment and livestock.

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
First thing your doing wrong is not researching what your buying. Second is not telling us more about your system IE whats your lighting and schedule,parameters along with types of kits your using to check them with and size of system. You need to do ALOT more research before you buy anything else and i can tell you havent since your calling the coral polyps "flowers" Slow down and buy yourself some books before you purchase anything else including equipment and livestock.

Like I said before:
I don't want this thing to die because of my IGNORANCE

I didn't buy this coral they give it to me as a gift on the frag swap event

If I have to give it away to somebody in order it to survive I will do
I don't like to be negligent or irresponsible with anything I do

I call flowers to the polyps because like I said I don't know about corals or keeping them I'm already researching and I have now little knowledge on how to keep them but I don't know about their behavior like you do, I'm in this forum to learn about reefs please just help me

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Like I said before:
I don't want this thing to die because of my IGNORANCE

I didn't buy this coral they give it to me as a gift on the frag swap event

If I have to give it away to somebody in order it to survive I will do
I don't like to be negligent or irresponsible with anything I do

I call flowers to the polyps because like I said I don't know about corals or keeping them I'm already researching and I have now little knowledge on how to keep them but I don't know about their behavior like you do, I'm in this forum to learn about reefs please just help me

Like duke said it's not possible to give advice unless we know what your working with. Leather corals are pretty hardy and a good beginner coral however we don't even know what your levels are and if your equipment can support even the hardiest corals.

You need to provide your tank parameters ie
Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate for starters.

What equipment do you have? To start off reef capable lighting?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: