Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Hi everyone
So I'm trying to test my water on my saltwater tank and this is what I have
null_zps8c7827de.jpg

From Left to Right
PH - Ammonia - Nitrite - Nitrate

I been told by a experienced aquarist that freshwater test kit and saltwater test kit from API it's the same the only difference it's that the SW kit doesn't bring low range pH

and ...

I seen on the petstore selling individuals bottles example: ammonia that says FRESH/SALTWATER so I'm assuming he's right about the test solutions bottles

ok so the saltwater results have a different color chart then the freshwater and since I don't have a SW kit I don't have the SW color chart

I will look online and try to compare the color by myself but please understand something

I AM COLORBLIND

some colors I can't see or identify it

So there are my results after 10 minutes:

pH
null_zps8f827f08.jpg

ammonia
null_zpsedce52b5.jpg

nitrite
null_zpsb45540de.jpg

Nitrate
null_zps6774e5fd.jpg

Just looking at my results can you tell my water parameters ?

Remember I'm using API freshwater master kit (it's supposed to be the same)

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Are you just beginning to cycle or is your tank up a while. If you placed any live things in that tank you should remove them if still alive. That ammonia will kill them.
If you are just cycling then all is ok and just follow normal cycling rules. If you don't know what they are then start reading.
In any case why don't you ask the company to send you a set of cards for sw. Also these test kits are dated and if it is an old kit it just may not be working right. Unfortunately the company does not say for how long these kits can be reliable.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: