Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the aptasia help I received on here was amazing I figured I'd try another interesting critter. A friend of mine has this beautiful frogspawn and it started growing what I think are vermetid snails. The coral isn't opening anymore and now it's spreading. Am I correct in classifying these nasty little suckers? And if so is there anything we can do. I've read anything from emerald crabs to trash it (agh that sounds bad). I'm thinking since its spreading it should be quarantined...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

bertyboy69

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Some kind of tube snail , if its the vermiteds youll see some string coming out of them when you feed your tank or clean the rock thats how they feed they put out a mucus like string

I have them in my tank and fuge and yave never had a problem with them irritating corals , but superglue will work to covr the holes or you can just break off the tubes with tweezers or pliers tongs ect ect even if you just squeze with your fingers they will break and that slows down the population

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Reefs

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done some research and have heard that Halichoeres melanurus Wrasse (Hoeven's Wrasse) would do a good job with these snails. They are listed as not reef safe but a lot of readers have them in their reef tank without any issue. Has anyone had any experience with this trpe of wrasse and think it will work? Also, would you go for a Female or Male in a reef tank? thanks!

trinimaddness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have done some research and have heard that Halichoeres melanurus Wrasse (Hoeven's Wrasse) would do a good job with these snails. They are listed as not reef safe but a lot of readers have them in their reef tank without any issue. Has anyone had any experience with this trpe of wrasse and think it will work? Also, would you go for a Female or Male in a reef tank? thanks!

i had this wrasse once and it demolished my cuc.

Rating - 100%
71   0   0

I have a male and female in my tank. They are doing good

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: