• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Hello All,

2 questions, can someone send me a like to a product that will allow my apex to work off my wireless internet? It's such a pain to connect it to my modem!!

Second, I am presently topping off water myself, huge PITA!!! I have a ATO but never set it up. The top of my tank (I don't have a sump) is about 51/2' off the ground. All the pumps I have don't have the head power to pump that high up. What pump would you recommend? I concerned about getting a powerful pump that'll pump too much water up. Should I just install a ball valve at the top?

Thank you,

Jay

faul425

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Hello All,

2 questions, can someone send me a like to a product that will allow my apex to work off my wireless internet? It's such a pain to connect it to my modem!!

Second, I am presently topping off water myself, huge PITA!!! I have a ATO but never set it up. The top of my tank (I don't have a sump) is about 51/2' off the ground. All the pumps I have don't have the head power to pump that high up. What pump would you recommend? I concerned about getting a powerful pump that'll pump too much water up. Should I just install a ball valve at the top?

Thank you,

Jay
I just bought the NETGEAR WNCE2201 Wireless Game Adapter. Actually just opened the box and trying to figure it out now. They should have built the Apex controller Wi-Fi ready especially for that price. But that was recommended to me from a fellow MR.

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I just bought the NETGEAR WNCE2201 Wireless Game Adapter. Actually just opened the box and trying to figure it out now. They should have built the Apex controller Wi-Fi ready especially for that price. But that was recommended to me from a fellow MR.
Thats what I'm using too. Fairly simple to set up but make sure you take all your devices off the network during install, even IPhones. After I did that it was a quick install.

Rating - 100%
576   0   0
Rating - 100%
576   0   0
Because u need to know the exact ip address assign to ur apex. Not necessarily have to disconnect every device from ir network as long as u know the exact 1.
For example main ip should look like
Ur ps3 "maybe". 192.168.0.15
And ur apex "maybe" 192.168.0.35
This is just an example
So u will need to know the exact number assign to ur apex in order to control it wirelessly

Rating - 100%
576   0   0
First u need to establish a connection with ur apex. So the first time is recommended to use a ethernet cable and connect it to ur computer so it can recognize it and "kind of" start it off.
After that follow the instructions on the page 17 of the 1st link i post
Not that difficult.
Feel free to pm me if u need more help.
The tricky part is setting it up to control it from outside ur home network and to receiver txt.
But is just tricky not hard.

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What do you mean like disconnect from the network setup of each individual thing? Do I have to disconnect my PS3 also? Thanks
Hey, sorry i just noticed this post. If i remember correctly, the manual tells you to shut off the wifi before you insert the install cd which I did but it was not installing properly. Finally me and the GF took our iphones off the wifi in addition to the comps and the install went through.

So I guess whatever is on the wifi but I'm far from an expert. Thats just what worked for me. NYCEnglish had an interesting suggestion too.

stormi2ider

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Sorry to add on to your question, but I felt it's related enough to inquire about here.

I am about to purchase a Apex Lite and I don't have the LED light brands they mention on their site as being "compatible" so does that mean I can't get the VDM module to control dimming of my lights? I have the Wingo Grand Slam 48" LED lights. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks MR!

faul425

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
First u need to establish a connection with ur apex. So the first time is recommended to use a ethernet cable and connect it to ur computer so it can recognize it and "kind of" start it off.
After that follow the instructions on the page 17 of the 1st link i post
Not that difficult.
Feel free to pm me if u need more help.
The tricky part is setting it up to control it from outside ur home network and to receiver txt.
But is just tricky not hard.

I'm gonna try Monday to hook it up. Thanks for the help guys.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Sorry to add on to your question, but I felt it's related enough to inquire about here.

I am about to purchase a Apex Lite and I don't have the LED light brands they mention on their site as being "compatible" so does that mean I can't get the VDM module to control dimming of my lights? I have the Wingo Grand Slam 48" LED lights. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks MR!

you need to change drivers of those lights to make them compatible to Apex
contact me via sms 347 878 3092 for details

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Wife bought me this "NETGEAR WNCE2201 Wireless Game Adapter" for father's day, and I'm only setting it up now.

I'm having trouble because my router (which is also Netgear) is on a different floor and wont connect. The wifi on my house is great so I didn't think it would be in issue. Can't get the game router online. . . what should I do?

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Not sure what I did differently, but its working now. Thank you!

Quick question for you, should I set my return pump and mp10 as fall back on? I have them both on the same feed time. But, fall back "on" will always keep them on. Right?

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Fallback On will keep that device powered on should the Apex headunit and the EB8 loses communication. I have my return pump on Fallback On, forgot what I have for my Vortechs. Will check in a bit...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: