Oneilwiz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone I have manage to over come red slime but now I have brown algae which grows occurs fast on my glass panels as soon as to clean it. I am running GFO, do weekly water change with RODI. Please help have no idea what to do, soon as I clean the panels and siphon within a day same brown algae. I replaced all the bulbs wit ATI two weeks ago

dadat1968

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
It worked on my hopefully it wilm work on yours they will clean up the glass usually crabs clean the sand.. And both crabs and snails can clean rocks too but sometimes crabs kill snails cant really control them even if you put enpty shells for them

Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Hey everyone I have manage to over come red slime but now I have brown algae which grows occurs fast on my glass panels as soon as to clean it. I am running GFO, do weekly water change with RODI. Please help have no idea what to do, soon as I clean the panels and siphon within a day same brown algae. I replaced all the bulbs wit ATI two weeks ago

How often do you change the GFO? How many hours are you running your lights
at the moment? Also flow is very important and sometimes overlooked, do you have enough flow in your tank? Are you running a Biopellet reactor? Do you have a refugium?

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
What about flow? I was going to mention the TDS meter as well. Even after you changed out your filters for your RODI machine, you should have 0 (or really really close to it) coming out of that filter. Do you have a TDS meter? Give it a check - I bought mine off e-bay for around 10$. Snails etc would help bandaid the issue, but personally I'd want to help prevent it from getting worse/coming back.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Right now my tank is again dealing with an diatom bloom. Tank over 3 years old. All SPS reef tank. Always run GFO and Carbon. Change every 30 days. Just added jebao wp40 with two hydro 1400 pumps. Got ocean wave. Weekly water changes of 12 gal of ro/di. For a 90 gal with 40 gal sump.TDS meter reading 0. Phosphate .02 Hanna tester. As soon the lights come on notice diatom growing on sand bed. Lights shut off see diatom disappearing. Bulbs T5 brand new. Skimmer working hard can handle 250 gal system. Some how nutrients and bacteria are high or off. Feed once a day two small cubes of live frozen food. Going to remove as much sand as possible. Plenty of LR with no green aglae at all in tank. Have lost alot of my clean up crew. Still something is off. Wondering if its got to do with this.....

http://www.scienceworldreport.com/a...questration-gluttonous-diatom-gobble-iron.htm

reefer4eva

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
282   0   0
I posted this on another thread...very interesting study with different systems.in my honest opinion most fellow reefers I know mostly use the Berlin system modded with a gfo and carbon reactors.i personally think its just a bandaid using gfo's BUT that's my opinion.in my old tank I used the paletta system and never had a nitrate or phosphate problem.
Judge for yourself! Watch the video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iSW_GPP9ac

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: