yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Hello,

Today one of my clowns has been acting funny. I just noticed that it's pooping out a live white worm.

What can I do? Do all my fish have to be treated? If so, what do I treat with?

Thank you!!

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Hello,

Today one of my clowns has been acting funny. I just noticed that it's pooping out a live white worm.

What can I do? Do all my fish have to be treated? If so, what do I treat with?

Thank you!!
Double check the accuracy of this medicine "Mebendazole" for treatment. Have not used them for years, cannot remember to well whether this is the right medicine for it.

There is a pet fish version of it.

Last edited:

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Thanks for the feedback.

My feeding cycle is frozen mysis, mysis flakes and tetra marine flakes. Recently, he was QTed because my tank had velvet.

He was QTed for 4 weeks with copper, and the tank was without fish for 6 weeks.

Visibly he's struggling. He's swimming erratically and occasionally burying his head in the rock (tail up in the water like he's planting his head) I set up my QT again last night and plan on moving him over this afternoon. I just don't know what I'm treating him with.

Wingo, I'm looking into Mebendazole now.

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
you can try malachite green for external and paraguard for internal parasites.

Dump the tetra food as well, go for cobalts new food with probiotics

Thanks! I recently bought the cobalt brine shrimp flakes but my fish didn't seem to like it. They were aggressively eating them. I'll mix it with frozen to get them to eat is.

Looking into those medications now.

RARECLOWNSNJ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
all meds should be used in qt def no way to tell what they will affect.

Also in my time with clowns a varied diet is the best way to combat internal diseases. Also clownfish diet in the wild consist of lots of fauna/alga and pods. Basically the cleaning they do for their egg laying sites is where most of their food is found.

I feel lots of spirulina flakes, mega marine, mega marine algea, mysis, pellets, clams

Also AL what do you mean by all natural, prazipro is man made

Last edited:

eazy al

onyxx owner
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
all meds should be used in qt def no way to tell what they will affect.

Also in my time with clowns a varied diet is the best way to combat internal diseases. Also clownfish diet in the wild consist of lots of fauna/alga and pods. Basically the cleaning they do for their egg laying sites is where most of their food is found.

I feel lots of spirulina flakes, mega marine, mega marine algea, mysis, pellets, clams

Also AL what do you mean by all natural, prazipro is man made
you're correct I was thinking about a different med, but I use prazipro n it's good.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: