Manta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the advice and help and also to everyone else who helped me out on this thread.I did a 1 gallon water change this afternoon,and i just checked it 5 minutes ago and my nitrites have magically disappeared ,nitrates are also good so I guess it finally is cycled.should I keep the ammonia level at 2 ppm until I am ready to add something to the tank.

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Thanks for all the advice and help and also to everyone else who helped me out on this thread.I did a 1 gallon water change this afternoon,and i just checked it 5 minutes ago and my nitrites have magically disappeared ,nitrates are also good so I guess it finally is cycled.should I keep the ammonia level at 2 ppm until I am ready to add something to the tank.

If you want but nitrates would keep rising. I would pick up a pack of sea weed, and get emerald crab or hermit so the tank isn't completely empty and you don't have to keep adding ammonia.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Agreed, its time to add stuff that will add to the ammonia levels naturally and allow the bacteria to grow as you add more (slowly of course). I second the shrimp idea. A nice blood red fire shrimp is my suggestion. But wait on that till later. Start with a .99 hermit or snail or two to get started.

Manta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up ycg and a hermit crab , I am acclimating the goby is it okay to net him when I put him in the tank , also is drip method of 4 drops a second okay .i will post a pic if everything goes well,I am floating wright now.

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I just picked up ycg and a hermit crab , I am acclimating the goby is it okay to net him when I put him in the tank , also is drip method of 4 drops a second okay .i will post a pic if everything goes well,I am floating wright now.

Once your have dripped him, put him in the bag he came in with water from the container he was dripped in, and float him for 20 min so the temp is the same, then net him and drop him in. Dump the water in the bag and in the drip container.

Manta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I messed up a little i floated him first ,hope he is gonna be okay I am dripping him now and will do as you said and float him again when done with drip.

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Do I just need to double the water volume and then float him ,or do double the volume and remove half the water and drip again.

How long has it been? I try to keep the drip about an hour. If you have time go a bit more, only better for the fish. Since your tank is 2.5 gal I would be careful so you don't put him in a tank without half it's water lol. I wouldn't feed tonite either, then tommorrow night I would try with some mysis and brine.

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I have frozen daphnia that I feed to my celestial pear danios ,would this be okay to feed him until I get what u said that is if he eats it.

I would just pick up the food tommorrow. There's no point in feeding tonite, he is very stressed out and will hide. Tommorrow though, he will be more comfortable. It might take time though. Took one of my clownfish 6 days to eat.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: