Manta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i am about to put in the hermit now then I will turn of the room light and hope for the best, I wll post a pic tomorrow , thanks again for all your help.

Manta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/ATTACH]He seems to be okay but he spends most of the time on the glass ,I fed him some flake this morning he did eat it but not much ,I need to get some mysis for him.here is a pic of him on the glass ,the blue leg hermit also is in there somewhere.i want to try buying a coral ,I seen some small ones at my local fish store for 14.99 what type would be easy for a beginner and one that he won't eat I read that they eat some corals .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 77

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
[/ATTACH]He seems to be okay but he spends most of the time on the glass ,I fed him some flake this morning he did eat it but not much ,I need to get some mysis for him.here is a pic of him on the glass ,the blue leg hermit also is in there somewhere.i want to try buying a coral ,I seen some small ones at my local fish store for 14.99 what type would be easy for a beginner and one that he won't eat I read that they eat some corals .

What lighting do you have, and how are your nitrates? Where are you located?

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
This lighting is for a 5 gallon tank ,it is a 1 bulb strip light ,the bulb is an aqua glo 15" 14 watt.

It's t-5 or t-8? I would look into a par 30 or par 38 bulb, I have one over a 6 gal and it can keep anything on the sandbed. Beginner corals are mushrooms, zoas, and palys and most polyps. These are called softies or soft corals. The next step up is what I love, LPS (large polyp stone corals) these are really bright and look nice. I don't think that your clown goby is gonna do any real damage to coral. What borough are you in (so I can tell you if I know any good stores near there).

Manta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have another fluorescent bulb it is an zoomed ultra sun super daylight ,it says on the package ideal For all marine aquariums Reef tanks And freshwater Aquariums I am going to remove the other bulb and use this one instead.

Manta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I go to fishtown USA on northern blvd in queens and petwharehouse on Long Island .this is the bulb that I bought a while back and never used that i will put in the strip ,it is a t8.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 73

Manta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to look for some lighting like you suggested,I changed the bulb it does look a little brighter,but I know that does not mean anything.here is a pic with the ultra sun light .my pc is not working i need to buy new ram I am using my iPad for now , I don't know why the pics will not load properly.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 70

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I am going to look for some lighting like you suggested,I changed the bulb it does look a little brighter,but I know that does not mean anything.here is a pic with the ultra sun light .my pc is not working i need to buy new ram I am using my iPad for now , I don't know why the pics will not load properly.

Your aquascape is nice. I would try to feed a bit of mysis tonite. Fish don't usually go for flakes immediately, they go for mysis and brine first then progress onto flakes and pellets.

Manta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He ate one frozen brine shrimp I gave him I am not sure if that's enough I did put a few more in but he did not go after them I guess the hermit will eat them ,I will pic up some mysis tomorrow, the place in Long Island had it in a combo pack that opened up with mysis cubes on one side and cyclops on the other side .

Manta

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goby didn't swim around much until I lowered the flow on the hob, I don't know if it enough flow now to keep the water filtered properly,he hardly ever perches on the rock he is always perched on the suction cup of the thermometer.How much food do I need to feed him, i put food in he does eat but a lot goes to the bottom of the tank.Would one or to frozen brine shrimp or mysis be enough .Here is small clip of him on YouTube.http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKZMX5AlDbw

Last edited:

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
My goby didn't swim around much until I lowered the flow on the hob, I don't know if it enough flow now to keep the water filtered properly,he hardly ever perches on the rock he is always perched on the suction cup of the thermometer.How much food do I need to feed him, i put food in he does eat but a lot goes to the bottom of the tank.Would one or to frozen brine shrimp or mysis be enough .Here is small clip of him on YouTube.http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKZMX5AlDbw

I would start feeding 3-4 brine and 3-4 mysis. Turn off all flow at that time for 10 minutes. He looks fine.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: