• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
theres hardly any price drop on apex. get it anytime you want you will not be disappointed. i really think apex is better than rk. their eb8 beats rk power bar all day! more outlet better build quality

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have to put in my .02. There are not enough adjectives to describe how bad Digital Aquatics customer service is. The phrase "You get what you pay for" works very well when comparing DA and Neptune. You might pay alittle more upfront but that extra money is worth every cent when you make your first phone call and get a real person.

Other things to consider. Go on both companies forums for their systems. Look how up to date and active one is over the other.

From a user prospective I can't tell you about the Neptune product but using myreef with RKE is extremely easy. It makes the whole system understandable. Trying to navigate with just the head unit is near impossible.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I want to echo the responses on here. As an owner of both, the Apex is definitely the way to go.

The Reef Keeper is not nearly as reliable as Neptune's products and doesn't offer nearly the level of customization or options that the Apex offers. I did a lot of controller research and it was not even close. Apex all the way.

timberwolfny

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
depends on what you want to do with it. If you just need a basic for monitoring and power switch control rkl is enough. For more customize and complex program features apex is better. I have both rkl is easier to use apex is alot more complicated but gives you greater control. But both will do the job you want it to do. And both are way overpriced for what you get. Just that rkl does not control pricing and you can get better deals on it. In the end it is how complicated your setup will be, will determine which system is better.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Even if you need a cheap controller... the Apex Junior is actually better than the RKL and the Reef Angel if you want the ethernet connectivity. (I was really surprised to find that out... the Apex Junior is very aggressively priced)

I have an Apex (complete version) and I just love it. Even though non-programmers might scratch their heads a little at first... it is a really good product and you can easily get help on forums etc to get you up and running.

n3hihz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Thanks for all the input!

Even if you need a cheap controller... the Apex Junior is actually better than the RKL and the Reef Angel if you want the ethernet connectivity. (I was really surprised to find that out... the Apex Junior is very aggressively priced)

I have an Apex (complete version) and I just love it. Even though non-programmers might scratch their heads a little at first... it is a really good product and you can easily get help on forums etc to get you up and running.

Researched the Reef Angel seems like with add on it wouldn't be too far off in pricing.

Just have to tough it out and save for an APEX!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: