findingnemo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By recomendations of another member here are some pics of the "corals I think I got".

Attachments

• all 006.jpg
    all 006.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:

Chris5

Im BaAaAcK
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not to be so negative, but wow they look horrible, did you just buy those? :irked:
Could be from the strip light your using..Those look like SPS corals if im not mistaken....

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Nemo They are really look like they are dead so no worries that is why the were sold to you as live rock :) Now something else concerns me, can you get a pic of that hairy crab you said you had in the tank that HH'd in on the Live rock? He may be a bad hitchhiker not a good one.

findingnemo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I got them on tuesday but I thought they were live rock I found out they were coral online. Could it be that they were dead before I got them, if they are dead what should I do with them.

barebucta

Rating - 96.3%
26   1   0
Also, what type of tank are you planning on setting up? FOWLR or reef? Either or you're gonna need some stronger lighting. Just my taste, but if you put some background on the tank glass (blue) it would "spruce" up the tank a bit. But all in all it looks like it's coming along. Didi you finish your cycle as of yet?

findingnemo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will like to have some corals, anemone, a blue hippo tang a yellow tang 2 percula clownfish some star fish, perhaps a shrimp and maybe a goby or blennie

findingnemo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size tank will be good for the blue hippo? I saw another member I believe it was fritz had a clownfish , blue hippo and yellow tang on a 29 gallon tank, i think he had a blennie too.

barebucta

Rating - 96.3%
26   1   0
What I did was i started off with FOWLR, had 2 damsels for about 9 months or so. I made all my mistakes got to learn about how much time is consumed in taking care of the tank etc. asked the guys on here a-lottt of questions, read the different postings suggestions on this site and others. Then if you feel that you have the time/knowledge make the leap to reef....a slow leap (crawl b4 walking). In my opinion a FOWLR can be just as pretty if not more than a reef tank. You can keep certain fish (really colorful ones) in FOWLR that you can't in a reef tank. Plus FOWLR it's significantly cheaper to maintain. Best of luck.

findingnemo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So he started out with the 29 gallon and then upgraded to a bigger tank? And yes it was him I just looked it up thats the album I saw yesterday

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: