Cvaughn1062

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I just got my nitrates in check and my phosphates were a little high, I got some phosban in my little reactor and some carbon as well, been using kalk in the top off and 2 part to keep stuff stable, now that Im running the phosban the green hair algae should get itself in check right? in the mean time what CUC can I add that will really eat a lot of the green hair algae?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
seahare or mexican turbo snails, but the downside to those are they will starve out once the algea is gone. i always tell people to google dosing hydrogen peroxide. and usually if your getting hair algea, your nutrients are higher, phosphates are as well and possible running higher nitrates

Cvaughn1062

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
hey rick, yea my phosphates were a little high, so I started using phosban, I got a sea hare and when im done with him ill just drop em off back at max reef, at the price I don't mind, more of a rental fee hahahahaa. any opinions on phosban vs. GFO?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
lol he lives basically across the street from me and had one of his, but the walk across my sps was reason i no longer have it. honestly it is more money but get the rowaphos. works better then any of the others, plus wont leach phos back into tank once capsity if filled

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: