Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Why keep this open if only sarcastic responses are offered? I can figure out how to do maintenance on my own sorry I asked, I thought this was a fish forum my fault. Didn't know it was the silver spoon club.

Probably because you have demonstrated minimum understanding of keeping your animals thriving and think you should get paid taking on clients. Not saying it is impossible but the odds of something bad happening are high. It is not rocket science but it is something you need to learn... most people learn on their own tanks with their own mistakes, not on the job. No one here is acting like they know it all, we all learned somehow, but I think you are getting the response you are getting due to your approach (one of someone with limited understanding passing themselves off to a "client" as someone who knows what they are doing with a tank that size which you clearly don't or you wouldn't be asking those questions). Good luck either way man.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I spent the entire hour talking to the maintenance guy this week while he was working on the tank. The customer wanted me to get familiar w the tank and it's equipment. Nothing I can't handle, a skimmer and 2 LEDs what's the big deal? To suggest I can't do a WC on a 250 fowlr because I'm asking questions about growing corals on my 34 gallon is ridiculous, the reason the customer has cyano and fish die is because the guy uses TAP water to mix salt since rodi " takes too long" . Ill be making my own rodi water prior to servicing the 250G,and I bet the cyano will disappear. stop hating and start participating.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
112   0   0
And they get the same guarantee of free replacement of any fish that die on my watch.for all u haters I neve had a fish die on me in 3 years keeping NANO tanks that are harder to maintain stable water parameters than larger tanks. You little TROLLS don't bother me your only displaying your own insecurities. :) I smile every time I'm on this forum this is fun to me and I'm getting payed lol.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
Wait folks Johnny j the expert is going to explain how using tap water in a saltwater aquarium won't cause cyano. Take it away player .....

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Thank u duke , I finally realized that I shouldn't listen to strangers on the internet about this hobby. I'm glad u use tap water happy reefing pal I'll stick to my dumb method of using ro/di water.

But maybe I'll add my rodi unit to the Trusted Reefers who Lie a Little thread( of useless equipment that everyone said I needed to buy). :)

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Oh and to answer your question I got that info here duke, so take your own advice and stop visiting the site lol.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
224   0   0
And I'm not saying that's what killed the fish, could of been they don't match the temp of tank water when doing WC, or could be they use to let the tank get upto 88 degrees. ( no chiller no controller no ph probe no temp probe nothing !

Is tap water what caused cyano? Maybe yes maybe not but I bet it is! and untill I know that tank is starting with clean water IMO that is the main source of the problem.

None of those things would of happened if I took care of the tank, so spare me the nonsense talk about I can't handle it, based on those actions I know I can do a much better job taking care of that tank. If u have some advice it's more than welcome, if not go enjoy the many wonderful topics on this website.

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Thanx saltwaterinBk I got rid of my cyano thank to Chemiclean in 3 days. They have been battling this cyano for months and the company is treating it w antibiotics.

When I got cyano in my tank it was because it got introduced on a frag and I didn't know what it was so I kept blowing it off w Baster, then it spread so finally I used some Chemiclean and havnt had it ever again.

Do u use tap water saltwaterinbrooklyn? Would u ever reccomd anyone use tap water?

Ponyboy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
This was a fun read just the facts
You are getting paid so now you need to have insurance and a business liscen to do this
You will most Likley not need the insurance but if you do and you don't have it it will
Be a problem
Fact is you are low balling this job you are taking a job away from a legal coMpany tht is wrong period
$30 is a joke they were probally paying $150 a visit if not more
If you really want to do that for a living protect your self do it for free for experience then go legit get a business,insurance, pay taxes etc you will see $30
Is a joke

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
$30? Lol no way dude, I can't talk prices here but it's closer to the second number u said. I did my research since the first post. As far as insurance, I already told them any fish that dies under my care I'll personally replace free of charge. It may not be an official " insurance " but I gotta start somewhere.

For those who'll ask " how are you gonna replace fish if your dirt poor". Honestly I don't know but I'll cross that bridge when/If I get there. Worst come to worst ill beg my girl for money I hear that how " life works" nowadays. :)

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
As far as insurance, I already told them any fish that dies under my care I'll personally replace free of charge. It may not be an official " insurance " but I gotta start somewhere.

Just for the record...replacing a $50 fish, is NOT what 'official' insurance is for... You need to do a lot more 'research'!

Anyway...it's been fun, but I think it's time to shut this down, before it turns ugly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: