watevadog5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Obviously it's not happening anytime soon as I'm still going thru my cycle but are there simple corals I can grow using my simple marineland white and blue leds, my filter with carbon and bio balls? Assuming my parameters are on point...

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Marineland LEDs are not that powerful!! In this hobby you will not sometimes but always get what you payed for!!! Those lights are nice looking but can't keep up with a reefs real demands and will not give you the best colorings on your corals , in fact I used one of those for my fuge !! But tankwise it will give you washed colors at times ..... I would eventually find an alternate route with my lighting .

Pimentinha

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I will tell you what... Don't buy any lights. By the time you are able to keep fish and a few easy to care for corals you will be so hooked that the only thought on your mind will be an upgrade to a 100+ gallon tank.
It might seem that I'm joking but I'm not ( ok, maybe a little).
I spent so much freaking $ on my 36G tank that I wish I hadn't. However, on my 120, it is worth every penny.

watevadog5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
100+? I'm thinking 350! Who needs a living room couch haha. I know what you mean though. Its very addictive and already I'm thinking of how to upgrade. Luckily like I said I have patience and luckily I don't have tons of $ to spend or I'd turn half my house into a tank !!

watevadog5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ok so according to tests, my cycle is complete. I believe using the same filter media along with some of a buddies cycled water it helped it along tremendously. I have a decent amount of algea growing so I added 4 blue legged hermits, 1 turbo snail and 2 nassarious snails. Hopefully they are hungry. Looking to add my two clowns and damsel in a week or so!

Pimentinha

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
You can add the fish immediately. Just FYI in my personal opinion I don't like hermits on a reef tank. I know everybody says they are reef compatible and they are. They will just murder your clean up crew for their shells... And can also kill a coral if they sense it is weak or receding.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: