Justin_NY

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I been trying to do my plumbing on my tank with pcv. The bulk head for my return keep leaking. I try to put Teflon tape from 5 to 15 turn it seem keep leaking. The bulk head have a inside thread that I connect with thread adapter to slip on. I can glue but this will be permanent. Pls help me

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
If I'm understanding correctly you do not want Teflon on your bulkhead. Make sure your bulkhead flange is clean,the glass hole inside and outside is completely clean. Make sure your gasket is on the flange side of bulkhead and hand tighten the bulkhead as much as possible. Personally I have a bulkhead wrench for 3/4" and 1" bulkheads if your around Brooklyn you can swing by and borrow it. Most people usually give a 1/4" turn with channel locks or something to make the fitting a little more snug. You can easily tighten too much and crack the bulkhead and or tank so you must be careful. For your adapter use Teflon and make sure you go in the right direction with it and or use the Teflon paste.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Teflon is a must for threaded PVC in my experience
I have had a few leaks when working with PVC a it's always on a threaded pc usually Teflon and tightening it a bit works but I try to avoid threads altogether when working with pvc

Justin_NY

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Here are the picture

Attachments

• 20150203_223653.jpg
    20150203_223653.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 109
  • 20150203_223611.jpg
    20150203_223611.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 109

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
a pipe thread is a tapered thread, you don't want to bury the threads and over tighten cause you will crack the bulk head.
use liquid teflon and be done with it.

Justin_NY

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sigh... I been doing doing my plumbing again and this time I use the paste, but still leaking. So I decided to buy a new bulkhead, ,and put it with the liquid and again still leaking. I dunno what to do now. This what I used to stop the leak

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: