Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Got a wet floor this morning !
My Ato all empty into my tank.
Just wondering why ? I have a CPR overflow box into my sump with a Auqa Lifter pump. Used for around 7 months. I found my floor flooded this morning, i check everything and found that it's the Aqua Lifter pump burned out. (And i changed both tubes with new one 2 weeks ago.)
Just wondering why ? I thought the pump is for start up the siphon and keep the siphon if siphon stop.
Pump stop and siphon stop ? Normal ?
Anything can be done to prevent this again ?
Thanks

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Got a wet floor this morning !
My Ato all empty into my tank.
Just wondering why ? I have a CPR overflow box into my sump with a Auqa Lifter pump. Used for around 7 months. I found my floor flooded this morning, i check everything and found that it's the Aqua Lifter pump burned out. (And i changed both tubes with new one 2 weeks ago.)
Just wondering why ? I thought the pump is for start up the siphon and keep the siphon if siphon stop.
Pump stop and siphon stop ? Normal ?
Anything can be done to prevent this again ?
Thanks

Did you see that the pump was actually pumping after changing the tubing? Sometimes it needs to be primed by sucking on the outlet side to get it going.

You can also look into something like this to turn off your pump. The on/off trigger can be reversed depending how you want to use it. You can also DIY if you feel up to it:
http://www.coralvue.com/fw110-high-amperage-float-switch
https://www.plumbingsupply.com/alarm.html

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The aqua lifter is working when i replace the tube because whenever i do anything to the sump. I turn everything off first and it start the siphon for me when i turn it back on.
Just run out to purchase another aqua lifter. Tested several times on/off , siphon never stop.
I guess i might have a short power outage in my house at night. Everything comes back on except the siphon pump. And the return filled my DT.
I guess time to shop for a UPS.
Thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: