oro50

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep reading that red maroon's (especially young fish) which I heavily believe I have, should have a varied diet. I was thinking about buying some Krill for it, which look like little shrimps, from petland discounts.

Yet this fish of mine seems to have been picky before when I fed it meaty foods, instead of just flake foods, so I'm wondering if this type of clownfish will really eat Krill, (straight up).

I'm also wondering if I buy this Krill, how small should I break it up into small little chunks?

How big should be portion sizes? I also read, after I break up Krill into small portions, I should mix it with aquarium water in a small cap, to dissolve it a little bit more and then put it in the tank, for the fish to eat?

How long does fresh Krill even last once open? A month two months, more, or does it need to be used up quickly once opened?

Thanks for any responses

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I feed mine Prime Reef frozen it is a mix of all sorts of goodies. Sometimes they eat my dwarf angelfish food too. Tonight they got a mystery cube from my freezer.

oro50

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possible Ick?

I'm concerned about a distinctive small white dot on my fish's face. I've really become attached to this fish since I got it, (only three or four months ago), and I don't want to see it die.

The fish seems normal, for the most part. It is moving around, accept when it goes to it's special area it chose as it's main spot in my tank, for sleeping or resting.

However the other night, I saw for a bit that this time the fish was on it's side, and sometimes I see it resting, but it is moving it's body (as if it is bothered by something)?

At first I thought this was just possible sand particles that were hitting it a little bit because of the aeration devices and filters I use to help oxygenate the tank.

Yet this little white spot on one of the sides of it's face, or top of the head, (Which I first thought was a sand particle) still seems to be in the exact spot I first caught notice of it, for possibly a week now?

My concern is that this spot is not a sand particle, but Ick parasite. From what I read though if this spot is ick, I can only possibly try to kill the parasite, after it has basically fallen off of my fish to try to get it during it's breeding stage?

I am sending a picture of my fish, with the white spot or mark, in this thread.

Any suggestions or any ideas as to what it is, (if you can see it) will help me ease my mind.
Thank you

Attachments

• 20150407_152016.jpg
    20150407_152016.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 147

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
It's hard to see from the pic but my guess is it could possibly be a scratch or a cut, maybe he brushed up against some live rock or sand to hard. I doubt its marine ich since it's just one spot and not on his fins or the rest of his body. As long as he's still eating and acting normal I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: