Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I'm getting back into the hobby with a 150 gallon cube aquarium build that is reef ready with 1 3/8 Inch Holes. This can accommodate 1 inch PVC using Schedule 40 PVC or from what I am reading 1/2 inch PVC using Schedule 80. I was leaning toward Schedule 80 due to it1 s enhanced strength and longevity and I'm okay with the decreased flow because that will increase exposure time to the skimmer and other items in my sump. But just wanted to pick everyone else's brains and see what they think.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Easiest way to understand it is this....If the manufacturer is recommending an inferior necessary accessory to their tank don't you think they'd be assuming a great risk of liability?

Sch 40 is fine.

cla

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to use Sch80 for fittings that take a lot of stress like large valves 2"+, unions, anything i might need to step on. If using flex PVC I also use more sch80 and for most of my pool stuff I use it as well as very deep socketed fittings.

Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
80 is for high pressure and nothing else, if you plumb it the same way you would 40 it will be fine, if you like the gray look they make gray schedule 40 pvc

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: