Glenn503

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm having a hard time finding someone to install my new tank for me. Does anybody know of an aquarium installer with experience setting up a reef tank with an Apex controller and Echo Tech Radion LED lights?

I'm a rookie at this and a little intimidated to try it myself.

Thanks in advance,
Glenn (Holbrook)

Glenn503

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got off the phone with Chris from Fins Aquarium. He sounds like a good guy and he is familiar with the Apex and Radion LED's. He gave me a fair price too.

Thanks for helping me find someone!

winsbxnyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Ima be honest save your money do it your self or ask for help from fellow reefers the best part is when you setup the tank im sure u can get help setting up the tank and with the apex just follow the instructions

Glenn503

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You're right, I probably should just try it myself, I'd save myself some money. But to be honest, I have not had an aquarium in about 35 years, and I'm kind of intimidated by all the new equipment.

I've never heard of protein skimmers and aquarium controllers and GFO&carbon reactors and dosers. I now know what they all do after some research, but I have no idea how to hook all these hings up.

When it's all said and done, I'll probably look back and say "I could have done that", but for now, I think somebodies help in the beginning will make me more comfortable with this hobby, and I'll be able to take over after it's set up.

Klewis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
You could probably put a post stating a date and time offering beer and burgers for help setting up the tank and get it done meeting new people, learning you can do it yourself and having fun. No guarantee it will be cheaper though...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: