Rating - 0%
0   0   0
starting my first reef tank with a 15 gallon.

I just mixed my saltwater in the tank but i wont be getting my sand and live rock for another week. is it ok to just leave the saltwater in the tank for that long? i currently have a heater at 78 degrees and a powerhead moving the water.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Your welcome. And welcome to the saltwater world. You found a great place with some knowledgeable people. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Even questions you feel are dumb or silly. Good luck

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just to add to my first question - if i add some sand and rock received from a friend today would i be able to continue to cycle my tank with new sand and live rock i get in a week or should i just wait until i have everything before putting anything into the tank?

NYReefer

GOT FRAGS??
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Welcome! Just remember to watch your SG as water will evaporate. When i had my nano set up i put a mark on the back of the tank where i wanted my water level to be and would refill with fresh RO water daily. Smaller the tank= smaller margin for error so make sure you keep on top of water changes as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: