Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Like a few other newbies I'd like to share some pictures of my nano cube and get some suggestions on additional corals and placement. I really like my tanks exposed rock work but def. want some more corals.

I would love to hear what you guys would do with this set up.

I currently have one Purple Firefish, a little CUC, a Montipora Capricornis, Setosa, GSP and a Anthelia coral.

Thank you all!

Attachments

• IMG_5213.jpg
    IMG_5213.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_5211.jpg
    IMG_5211.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_5272.jpg
    IMG_5272.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG_5207.jpg
    IMG_5207.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 541
  • IMG_5203.jpg
    IMG_5203.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 531
  • IMG_5208.jpg
    IMG_5208.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 536

ourcoralreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
your setup looks nice I personally like caves and shelves and corals depending on your lights i like acans spread out and some hammer heads frogspawn placed behind some rocks with the tops sticking out but thats just me welcome to mr

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Thanks everyone for your feedback.

I may get rid of the GSP, I thought it would of looked more grassy. As of yet, I can control it while on the sand.

Any coral suggestions?

I would say some of the LPS are good bets, and some of the slower growing Zoas, but i wouldnt put the zoas on your main rock work. Keep them on satellite rocks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say some of the LPS are good bets, and some of the slower growing Zoas, but i wouldnt put the zoas on your main rock work. Keep them on satellite rocks.

Thanks for the input Reefiness. I think a torch placed somewhere on the rocks would be nice. What do you think about some ricordeas?

I think I'm going to stay away from zoas, I had some on hitchhike on a rock and they died.

Thanks again.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Welcome and nice start. I like the setosa and recently picked up a nice frag similar to yours. Keep and eye out for the Anthelia. I liked it when I first started the hobby, but then it grew out of control.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and nice start. I like the setosa and recently picked up a nice frag similar to yours. Keep and eye out for the Anthelia. I liked it when I first started the hobby, but then it grew out of control.

Hello oh207,

I'm hoping the setosa grows out nicely. I noticed some whiteness (possible growth?) on one part of it, that for some reason catches tank gunk. Do you encounter that with you setosa or any other sps's if you have them.

I will keep an eye on the Anthelia. Hopefully when it does spread I can just scrap it off (whenever it grows too close to the sand) and restrict it to that little rock aka "Revis Island".

Thank you.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: