joey3233

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i had a 30 last night i brought a 65 now i want to know what the best way to transfer the fish to the new tank cause when i first started up i let the tank run empty for a month but i don't have room to storage both tanks running

joey3233

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i got a ro/di unit for new water
any one can advise the best way to do this should i used the old water in the 30 and add 35 new ro/di water salt mix or start with all new water or should i put the old 30 gallons in and add 10 new gallons wait a week add 10 more a week till it is full

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
You can't safely put the fish in the new tank until it cycles. You can speed the cycle along in many ways. It's also not a good idea to put a bunch of fish into a tank all at once, especially a new tank.

joey3233

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
thanks everyone i did the upgrade everything seems fine and well all fish look like there are doing good and 2 out of the three anomone's are looking good but the purple haitain isn't looking too good

Rating - 100%
36   0   1
Ive upgraded from a 57 gallon to a 75 gallon, just use the same live rock and water just be sure to have enough water for the bigger tank made and around the same temp you keep the water at normally. Get new sand so you don't stir up detritus. Keep the fish in a Rubbermaid container over night with a wave maker and heater until the sand and tank settle then acclimate slowly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: