canadia_eh

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

was gifted a beautiful sinulara (my absolute favorite thing in my tank).

It looked great for a few days then started to retract one day. It looked like a stump

Before my lights come on I noticed it opens up a bit and looked a bit better

Recently it goes from open and wilting to retracted and upright.

It has mild water flow and it's on the bottom of my tank.

Water parameters are great, my Xenia is happy and pulsating which makes me happy.

I'm running a combo light ( 2X t5, small MH, 3 small LED).

I have the MH off because it seems to be better in the am before my lights are on so I thought maybe it's too much light.

I love this piece and it's really scaring me. If you guys have any tips please let me know.

Thank you!

Can't post pics yet till I have 5 posts. So I'll try to get pics ASAP.

canadia_eh

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also there are no other fish in the tank except a goby and pistol. There is a clean up crew but I never see anything near him except a brittle starfish every now and then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

canadia_eh

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spent the last hour looking at it and it was completely open but unable to support itself and for the past 15 min it's going back to looking like a stump.

canadia_eh

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last one!!!!! So I have a picture of from when I started to sign up for this form to now and it's a crazy difference.

Please any advice or help will be very appreciated

canadia_eh

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
acad6a0afd3384e28152a67260d949cd.jpg

It's been like the above picture for over an hour but since joining the form and typing 5 posts it now looks like this :

[
9bb9339b1643e85f1caee2172240e891.jpg

How it looked on day one :

cc3f31bed80f92b67366f826388ec0a6.jpg

Last edited:

canadia_eh

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could still be adjusting maybe? If it's doing better before the mh comes on maybe try moving it to a less directly lighted area of the tank or maybe spot partially shaded

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I will try to make it some more shade today and see how that goes.

Is this behavior usually not normal? Or is this typical?

I really very new to the hobby so I have been freaking out every time it looks different.

Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Don't move too quickly leave in a spot for a few days at a time, i wouldn't get too concerned unless it doesn't start to rebound, as long as it looks fleshy you should be OK even if deflated.....when i switched over my lighting from t5 to led all my leathers were retracted and acting similarly for a few weeks and then puffed back up to larger than normal and happy as can be once they adjusted

canadia_eh

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't move too quickly leave in a spot for a few days at a time, i wouldn't get too concerned unless it doesn't start to rebound, as long as it looks fleshy you should be OK even if deflated.....when i switched over my lighting from t5 to led all my leathers were retracted and acting similarly for a few weeks and then puffed back up to larger than normal and happy as can be once they adjusted

That makes me feel a lot better! It's fleshy and not waxy. I will post updates if anything else changes.

Thank you so much!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: